Slumdog NL2aire

• canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      Don't be alarmed guys! I am not going to do a rerun of that movie in this thread here.
      Its just that I have been called a slumdog a few times at the virtual felt which led me to name this blog as such! In poker world I am a slumdog compared to you guys. You guys have achieved so many things in poker, I am nothing compared to you!
      Thanks to you guys, after seeing you thrive and persevere I have gathered the guts to start a blog where you guys can actively and more vehemently criticize my play and help me improve!
      Let me first tell you I am a horrible player! But a sense of ambivalent feeling works inside my head. Sometimes my evil half leads me to believe I am a good player! But actually I SUCK!
      And hence the reason of this blog! To make me suck less! I am really optimistic about this new journey of mine and I hope you guys will take me under your wing! Right now my excitement is oozing out of my body in the form of goosebumps.

Little About Me
      I will summarize it to curtail your boredom

=> I am 27 years old, I have a 9am to 6pm job(Earning decent).
      => I am not new to this game. I have been playing it since 2005.
      => In terms of poker success I had few, but my intermittent non sucky play hindered my success big time.
      => Once I made as much as $1400, but blew it all like voooosh in 1 week.
      => Then I came to know about PStrategy. Read articles, watched videos.
      => PS helped me iron out few of my leaks in poker.
      => I am actually used to multitabling. Once I used to multitable like 16 tables at a time.
      => I was a SNG player. I made my money through it and lost through it too.

I know right now you are like "this guy is CRAP! How could he lose such money like that?" Well once I was a hot headed guy. Tilting was a norm. Hey at the age of 22-23 we were all like that. Now I am a changed person. I have a different outlook of life. I am more calmer and cool headed. And I am hopeful I will be able to channel the new "ME" at the virtual table and hopefully I will be able to keep my cool. And if I cant then you guys are here :) .

OBJECTIVES

I have recently deposited $60 on Stars and $40 on 888.

=> Start off with NL2.
      => Mass Multitabling. 24 on Stars and 6 on 888. Total of 30 tables at a Time.
      => Move up quickly and target NL5 by July 15th.

I am starting off with a weight of failure on my back. But I see light at the end of the tunnel.

This is a fucked up approach I know. But I want to give it a try. After all, whats poker if you don't enjoy playing it right? So this is my Plan A. Besides, I have experience of playing online poker before which I think will help me.

And if I fail, I will start with another $100. But next time I will start off with a different approach. Which will be Plan B.

My Shortcomings

=> I currently have no HUD, or assisting softwares. I see you guys display your winnings and stuffs with the help of graphs. Unfortunately I wont be able to show such things at the moment. But before I move to NL5 I will definitely buy HEM2 or PT4.

Little More About Me..Sorry :(
      Well I have a confession to make. I am an avid user of Marijuana. Please kindly note I am not advocating for weed here. But it is the best thing ever!
      (I hope my girlfriend or my parents wont read this blog). Sometimes I will multitable after getting high and sometimes I will play sober. Then I will compare the differences here. Lets see how it goes.
  • 38 replies
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      Well in about half an hour, I will get super duper high, and start my 30 Tabling. I will update after I am done with the session. Super duper excited :)
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by canniballsy
      Well in about half an hour, I will get super duper high, and start my 30 Tabling. I will update after I am done with the session. Super duper excited :)
      Good luck lol.

Will follow
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      I don't think that's a great idea, but I guess there's no stopping you :f_biggrin:

Aside of the getting high thing, this seems pretty interesting! :)
    • Rains7
      Rains7
      Bronze
      Hahaha :f_biggrin:

That really made me laugh, I'm sorry! Actually, that sounds quite entertaining...hehe

I just have to ask this: Are you serious???

Anyway, good luck at the tables :coolface:
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Least you won't have to worry about tilt!

GL GL
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      First let me thank you very much guys for your witty yet solid support!

And now the result of my session.

Well horrible. I played bad 60%..got bad beats 30% and got coolered 10%.

And do you know how much these percentage values cost me?

Around $21.

On 888 : I dropped $10

On Stars: I dropped $11

But I am not at all dejected. I will keep going until I have the remaining dollars.

I would love to talk about few NL2 players on both Stars and 888. And how different these players are. And playing together at the same time on these two platform is kind of fun :) . I am too tired now to talk about the players. I will discuss about them after I get some nap. Thank You for reading.
      Good Day :)
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Focus on winning on 4-6 tables before playing 30.

Remember that multitabling is only good if you're already winning, if you're not it will only accelerate losses.
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metza
      Focus on winning on 4-6 tables before playing 30.

Remember that multitabling is only good if you're already winning, if you're not it will only accelerate losses.
      Thanks bro! I will try that now with my 2nd session
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      As Metza mentioned I am going to start off with fewer tables and increase the number as I go on. I cant play 5-6 tables coz I feel really bored. But I will start off with 20 Stars table and 6 888 tables.

The main irritating reason for cutting the numbers are the constant sit outs. I get sit out almost everytime I take a fraction more to think at one table.

Lets see how much I spew today :)
    • ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      26 tables is just insane for someone starting out .. like metza says you really shouldn't play more than 6.
    • wealthybrainer
      wealthybrainer
      Bronze
      when you are high, the time slows down :f_biggrin:
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      it dosen't matter if you "can" play 30 tables or more, what matters is that you win. I don't think you should be playing more then 4 tables, when you get a solid winrate over a decent sample playing 4 tables (let's say 5bb/10 over 100k hands), you can start adding more tables.
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wealthybrainer
      when you are high, the time slows down :f_biggrin:
      Lols you're right brotha!
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      Bear with me folks this will be quite big!
      I started off with just 6 tables as most of you here suggested. If everybody's speaking the same language that means its true. But 6 tables is sooo boring! I watched the final two episodes of The Big Bang Theory while playing.(I put very little attention when I dont have to play my turn). I just take note by color coding the players blue and red. Blue means he knows how to play and red means he is a donk. Ohh and I didnt smoke pot last night. So after an hour session I was sort of breakeven. Then I added 4 more tables. The money started to gather on Stars but 888 was kind of harsh to me. I lost 3BI there. But on Stars I added 6BI. Then I started to add more tables, more tables more tables until I reached the 24 cap on Stars and 6 cap on 888. But that also didnt bring any fortune for me. I was stuck at +3BI. Then I started off with a bizarre luck. I started hitting sets on Stars. I would say almost 40%.(No HUD to do that calculation for me :( ). Neways, my BR on Stars started to swell like crazy. And as the night went on, the players I started to encounter loosened up. Players were going all in with cards like A5, KT. I rarely check my cashier, this is a technique I learned at PokerStrategy. But after winning god knows how many all ins I became curious and wanted to check how much I have actually earned. You would not believe I stocked upto $30! After that I checked my 888 and saw myself only +0.5BI. But boy ohh boy Stars was raining dollars at me. At dawn(which is grinding after 4.5 hours) I found myself up $40 on Stars and $3 up on 888. Let me tell you this my target was to grind till dawn and then go to bed because I had to wake up early to attend a meeting with my boss. But I didnt want to leave this good luck charm before reaching the climax. Moreover, I was kind of getting dissapointed on 888 for a very very slow growth. But few drunken mistakes from my opponents turned my fortunes on 888 as well.At 6:30 am which was after 6hours of grinding 30 tables I reached being $50 up on Stars and $15 up on 888. Then came the enemy of every profitable player. Complacency. I spewed few on Stars. I tried to outwit few players with my extravagant bluffs and lost $6. I decided to end my day. But when I was about to sit out from all the tables, I was dealt few monster hands on both the sites. And before I knew it, I was up $57 on Stars and $18 on 888. Amassing a total of $75. Thats right folks, after almost 7 hours I was up $75. And in the process I also gather 130FPP on Stars. I wish I had a HUD to flaunt my winnings at you guys :( . But I think I owe my take off to you guys. Big problem was my previous BR, so I had to close few tables with big BI to accomodate more tables with 100BB. I would like to talk about few techniques I adopted last night while playing. But I will discuss it with you guys later.

Current Bankroll

Poker Stars: $105.56(Edited: I just checked my account. I totally forgot that I reached $100+)
      888: $49.67

Thanks for reading guys!
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      Needless to say. I didnt sleep the whole night. And had to go work on a weekend. My fuck fate. But now I am home. I am going to smoke up a joint and go to sleep. Will wake up after 8-10 hours. And start my Session 3.0.
    • wealthybrainer
      wealthybrainer
      Bronze
      nice work :f_thumbsup:
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      Ok, I need to learn how to float. Because everybody is doing it. Most of the players float on the flop. You have to double barrel to make them fold. This is a common norm in the NL2 on Stars.

Good news is through Holdem Replayer, I will be able to post some hands on PS for hand evaluation. I feel like I have some serious leaks and I need to mend them before I even think about moving to NL5.
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      PokerStars Game Ring Game

Blinds : 0.01/0.02

7 players
      [SB] Halika76 (5)
      [BB] HERO (2.51)
      [1] NekonerCZ (2.41)
      [2] NiteRunner85 (2.04)
      [3] rocketf1 (2.97)
      [4] fet_992 (2.38)
      [But] Vacharski (3.3)

HERO Q A Initial Pot: 0.03

NekonerCZ calls 0.02
      NiteRunner85 folds
      rocketf1 calls 0.02
      fet_992 folds
      Vacharski folds
      Halika76 folds
      HERO raises to 0.09
      NekonerCZ calls 0.07
      rocketf1 folds
      ### FLOP ### J A 4 Pot: 0.21
      HERO bets 0.14
      NekonerCZ calls 0.14
      ### TURN ### 8 Pot: 0.49
      HERO checks
      NekonerCZ bets 0.32
      HERO calls 0.32
      ### RIVER ### T Pot: 1.13
      HERO checks
      NekonerCZ bets 0.62
      HERO folds
      NekonerCZ hide cards
      NekonerCZ wins 1.75 from the main pot
      NekonerCZ wins 1.75 from the main pot

I dont know if this was a proper fold :( . Would love your opinion about it.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hi Cannibal,

About your last hand. I Think I would bet/fold something like 2/3 on turn and ch/f river in this spot. You still have value against worse Ax that many villains might have on NL2. But your fold was fine in this spot anyway.

Good luck with your games!