chenny 8888 nlh sng video

• liamxk
      liamxk
      Bronze
      hi folks

watched and enjoyed the video.

chenny says a few times during the video that it is pointless taken notes at this level of sngs. this sort of goes against a lot of what i have read about poker most articles say you should always take notes what ever level you play at.

chenny whats your thinking on not taking notes at this level.
  • 6 replies
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      im playing on mansion 5,5-11$ sng .... i play lots of them with my tracker... (about 1000sng) with means 9000players.... but there are too many players of this limit that at one table i have only maybe 2 players i played before so making notes will be neverending story and dont forget those players are geting better and better pretty fast coz they play very bad at start...

simple : if you make notes of for example 9 players every time (10th is you) ..... it takes maybe 2-3 weeks to meet one player at same table again and his play may by totaly different like beffore so you reading will be incorrect..

but if you play stakes like 50$sng or more there ...is only few people.. and you will find some players with you play maybe 60 sng in one week so there u can clearly say what is he play ... his play will probably not change at all.... you have watched him playing 60sng in week ..this cant be happen in 5,5-11$sng coz there are maybe 50 000playing them on your site
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      ... little of topic but imagine this:

for example mansion poker room has 30 000 people playing in highest trafic..maybe 1500players now playing SNG 5,5$-11$ ...

but it doesnt mean thath those 1500 players is all players playing SNG 5,5$-11$
      easily can by nuber like 20 000players...

i played before MMORPG (like world of warcraft) (masive online rpg game) ... my site has bigest trafic when 300 player were online .... but number of players were more then 5000 once per 2 week registered and played

so in those limits best reading of range of your opponents are current VPIP(vulneraby put money in the pot)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi liamxk,

I also dont make notes on these limits, due to the fact that :-

• most of the players are bad.
      • people are to unpredictable, due to them having no clear strategy.
      • there is high volumes of players, so we wont meet the same players very often.

Best regards,
      Stiev
    • liamxk
      liamxk
      Bronze
      thanks folks for the feed back.

i understand what use are saying but still thing you should take notes at this and every level. even if it is just a note to say they are bad players , play to many hands , play very few hands etc etc.

misk if you came up against them again and have a note saying bad player and this persons has improved there game then make a note of this also.

I also think taking notes helps you paid attention to game when your not involved in the hand.

misk what tracker are you using for sngs
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      when i was playing 2tables i was making notes ... but now im playin 8 tables at same time in one session ... only think i cant see is betting patters... another else is maybe important but i can catch it because lack of time ....

why i playing 8 tables? i have in general discussion one post calculathing why.. u can find it it is pretty fresh ...

i think best is holdem indicator ... write my on icq 207 492 245 i can help u with tracker...

pls write me tomorrow at this time coz today i dont have time coz tomorrow i will have exam of microekonomics at university
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      wow sorry i missed this guys.

@OP: the reason i don't bother taking notes is that the bad players usually bust out very quickly, and do not play a very consistent form of poker. furthermore, because we are generally playing very tight, we can expect our hand to be good against not only the fish, but also "normal" bad players.

the other reasons people give are also very valid of course. if we are playing more tables, the low chance of running into a person again, etc.