[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Aq

• Sasa1234
      0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:spade: , Q:spade:
      UTG+1 calls $0,10, UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $0,50, MP2 calls $0,50, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,50, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($2,15) Q:club: , 5:diamond: , 2:heart: (4 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1,00, MP2 folds, CO calls $1,00, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: ($4,15) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, CO calls $2,00.

River: ($8,15) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5,00, Hero calls $5,00.

Final Pot: $18,15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (As Qs)
      CO shows three of a kind, queens (Qh Qd)

CO wins with three of a kind, queens (Qh Qd)

Should i fold river bet?
  • 2 replies
    • ThiRdEyE7
      I think check/call is fine here on the river w top pair tk.

Although the opponents river bet is strange and must have sent some alarm bells off - looks like a well sized value bet.

Did you read it as he has sensed weakness by your check on the river and is trying to take it down w a lesser hand? Valid interpretation imo.

Any stats/reads/history with the villain would help decision obviously.

Its hard to see him flat calling a 5x raise and then floating along on such a dry board with anything you can beat other than qk.
      That said hard to put him on qq - very deceptive play and nh co. I think qk is the most likely holding, 55 sometimes, jj rarely , maybe qj if he is fairly loose.

‘If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is - infinite.” William Blake
    • Kaitz20
      I´d bet 2$ on the flop, since you mostly have the best hand but want to get value for worse hands. Also you should protect your tptk.
      Turn: I´d bet 3$ the same reasons.
      River: Pot is big and you have potsize left (if you started with 100bb). I´d just shove. c/c is also fine, but often player check back with weaker hands.