Bojan1983, my story

• Bojan1983
      Bojan1983
      Bronze
      Hi everyone...

This probablly will not be interesting for most of you, but i wanted to write a long story for me... if you dont like it long, just skip it...

My poker story has ben sucesfull so far, not really long but I was more then satisfied. Until now.

2,5 years ago i was introduced in texas holdem by a friend, game was fun and as everyone i started depositing 10-20$ for 2-3 months and i offcourse, since it was more for fun then "serious" play I ve lost everything...

I kept playing freerolls but decided not to invest in my skills until I improve them. Played alot "fun money", free tourney and watched alot of video clips on youtube... Also i ve read some books friend borowed me about poker... so, by time, I had fealing I ve learned something...

I bought poker set and learned all my friends how to play poker, we started playin on regular basis and after year of playin I was happy with my results being better then others... That gave encourgment i needed...

I ve returned to Pokerstars, deposited 20$ and started playing NL2... yes, cent/two!.... I remember i was scared cause i had only 10 buyins, and i knew what bankroll managment is... Still, I hoped for that level to be really easy with smart play... and it was...
      At the same time I also played SnGs with 1$ buyin.
      At my suprise I had great results on both sides... Preety fast i got to 130$....

And then i won some freeroll at some other site and won 100$... it was not long until i had 300$...
      At that time i played cash game at NL10 and 5$ SnGs... Even though i was going forward with my bankroll i realized its not going as well as before, i was having less ROI then before... But still i was going preety well, playing the game I like and i was making a profit....

At that time some affiliate contacted me about joining Titan poker with great offer... I ll get 50$ right away + 100$ after collecting some pts and 100% deposit bonus up to 600$... WOW... Why i wouldnt go for it?

I withdrawed my ~300$, added 300$ from my wallet and went to Titan... Soon enough i realized my level will not be enough by far if I plan to collect all those bonuses so I remembered SSS for which i had enough bankroll to play on NL50 which was good enough....

So, SSS story... I tried it and it worked beautiflly... as much as I played I was winning, I was unstoppable. I had ups and downs but i was really happy with SSS... In 2 months I had cleared my bonus, got 600, earned another 600 in proccess and had arround 1800$ ...

wow, look at me now, I have 1800$!!!

Cause of the money i got addicted with playing 14 tables SSS, and I wanted to play and play and play... and as I said, i had upswings and downswings but i knew thats just part of poker... BUT, right after i released my bonus, I was sure that Titan just want to take that money back...

I was getting sucha ugly bad beats that I couldnt believe my eyes, I know i played SSS perfectly but I simply couldnt do nothing about it... I was losing... But I wasnt discouraged. I kept playin.. One good series made me happy but then there would be 3 negative sessions... I simply couldnt win anymore... If it werent for bonuses I allways get for playing so much I think I would lose everything... I lost arround 400$ that month, and had 1400 left

I decided to stop playing SSS. I simply couldnt win, whatever i did... So i stoped. After all, only thing about SSS i liked was making money, besides that, it is boring...

I withdrawed 400$ since it was money from my wallet, and decided to continue playing only with my "poker money"...

I deposited 700$ to Pokerstars and left 300$ on Titan....
      I thought I can play NL50... so i did... That was 2-3 months ago... In that period i was really fighting with myself, every thing i win I would usually lose... and every time at the end of my session my bankroll would be 700$... I also played SnGs and MTTs with 5-10$ buyin, but even there I was just breaking even...
      Well, that finally changed in the last week....

In last week i simply felt i forgot to play... Alot of, obviously, bad play was followed with unbealivable amount of bad beats and day by day I lost arround 50$.... Offcourse I ve coulda saved some 100$ if there wasnt for tilt, but I couldnt take it anymore...

Today I have little under 300$ on Pokerstars (there is backup on Titan, another 300 but I dont count on it as a part of bankroll)....

300!....

I decided to change something drasticlly and I asked myself why i lost all that money... I realized I started playing only so I can gather stupid points for pokerstars (and pokerstrategy aswell :) ) and i was obsessed with money balance...

I remember having session of 10 tables NL50 with 92$ profit after 1,5 hours of play... I just wanted to round it up to 100 before going to sleep... 6 hours later i was -170$....

Funny, I realized my last level before NL50 was NL10, and I played it really shortly... I skipped levels cause my bankroll was pumped by those bonuses, so i assumed i must go up...

Also I was allways playing minimum of 10 tables cause i was bored playing less than that... I started playing poker without thinking...

I dont enjoy in poker anymore...

I decided to change something drasticlly, I want to punish myself, I dont want to play "for the money", I want to play smart, I want to win... everything else will come with me winning....

Since I skiped levels first time, I dont wanna do it again...
      I am starting from scratch. no matter the bankroll i have...

My goals are :
      - Play at least 20000 hands at NL2
      - Play at least 200 SnGs 1$

If i turn out as winning player I ll move up... if not... then i ll withdraw my money and stop playing...

I ll use this thread to remind myself of my decission and as for place where i ll note my progress...

tnx for reading :)
  • 4 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Hi.

Nice read. I think you made correct decision about moving down. Don't know about NL2, seems kinda low, but I guess it's OK to gain self-confidence.

Hope you do well.

Originally posted by Bojan1983
      I remember having session of 10 tables NL50 with 92$ profit after 1,5 hours of play... I just wanted to round it up to 100 before going to sleep... 6 hours later i was -170$....
      LOL, like I was typing this words.
      Yesterday I was +38$ and I wanted to get those 2 extra dollars to call it a night (after 2 hours of play). It was about 1AM and I went down to -7$ in less than 10 minutes. Then I struggle to be break even and I made it at around 2:30AM :P (+5$)
      Ok, today I got everyting back (~+50$) so I don't mind that much :D

Good luck!
    • Berra
      Berra
      Bronze
      Hi nice start on your blog.

My guess is that you should play less tables. Many people are pretty good these days which makes it harder to win. Easier to pick up reads and weaknesses on the players when playing fewer tables.

Good luck!

/Berra
    • Bojan1983
      Bojan1983
      Bronze
      Ok, 2 days passed, still sticking to the plan...

As I knew, I am winning player at lowest limits, I feal like taking candy from a baby... I dont know why I even played at NL50, here (at lowest level) I have "guaranteed" income of 10$/day... that would make 300$ a month..
      That amount would be excellent even at my NL50... I feal like its easier to make money at NL2 :)

Yea, I had few good sessions... still, I am not euphoric, just pleased with myself...

Lets see my results...

Cash game

I ve set a goal of 20k hands, so far i made 2k, here are stats :

After 2000 hands at NL2 I have made profit of 16.24$ which is 20.30 BB/100 hands.... I think I can keep that level of play without problem.

SnG

I allways considered myself very good at playing 1 table SnGs, especially at 1$... too bad rake is so high... I would probably play only that :) ...

Goal is 200 SnGs, I played 20 so far, here is how :

Last session was full of bad beats, but even with that I am more then pleased with stats... With 20 SnGs I made 72.5 ROI, which is profit of 17.40$... I had 6 1st , 4 2nd, and 2 3rd places...
      Avg finish 3.05

So, until now I made 17,40 + 16,24 = 33.64...

I think thats a good start... Just hope i ll keep that pace...

btw, about amount of tables at one time... I got used to play more then 8 tables and everything below that forces me to play more hands then i would like to... I know my goal should be to lower the number of tables and focus on players but i simply cant do it... either its 1 table (live) or 10... cant play less... maybe at higher limits i force myself to do it...
    • Bojan1983
      Bojan1983
      Bronze
      Last sunday, 31st of August, i decided to take my 5000 FPP from pokerstars (had cca 6000) and "try my luck" at Turbo takedown... I could have changed for 50$ cash bonus, but free ticket for 1 000 000 $ tournament which has 4000 prizes sounded too good....

~11500 players started the tournament... Soon enough i realized many people do not take that tournament serious, so practicly every 10-15 minutes there was 1000 people less in the tournament... I played really tightly waiting for my hand... Few good hands and few double ups... Had some bad beats ( lost AK vs AJ allin) but every time i had more chips so I could continue to play...

I kept my chipstack above average through whole tournament, avoiding all in situations without having nuts...

To make it short, i finished 1982. out of 11500 players and won 150$.... I was more then happy with the money, but the way how I got knocked out made me really pissed off... At the time I had more chips then average, players were droping out like crazy and I was in the blinds... Some aggresive guy who stealed alot from me (i was folding everything just to make it into 2000 where prize was 150) again raise my blind... I decided to put him all in....

and this is the hand :

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3148485 (i couldnt convert it on flopturnriver.com, anybody know why?)

I dont know why he called with that junk and risk so much, and I dont know why pokerstars rewarded him even though he had 15% on the river...

ah nm....

2 days later i decided to play 30k guaranted, 10$ buyin... just for fun...
      I played maybe 15-20 hands...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3148488

Cant believe that players play so bad and win... 66? 74 ?? if only that 74 guy folded i would have enough to continue playing...

So i went back to my routine, cash game and NL2

Here are my cash game stats :

Played more then 4300 hands, and I have 20.63 BB/100... Still good as after 2000 hands...

So far I won $ 35.55

As for SnG, I enjoying it much more then cash game, also I discovered battle of planets on pokerstars, promotion which motivates me to do my best... So i think I ll focus on SnG for now...

my stats :

I had few bad runs but still i am more then profitable... My ROI dropped to 38.39, so far I won $38.70 with 53.57% ITM

thats it for now...