[NL2-NL10] NL10 what to do

• Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , T:spade:
      UTG+2 calls $0,10, 3 folds, CO calls $0,10, Hero calls $0,10, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,45) T:heart: , 4:club: , 9:spade: (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG+2 checks, CO bets $0,40, Hero calls $0,40, 2 folds.

Turn: ($1,25) 5:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $1,10, Hero calls $1,10.

River: ($3,45) T:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $9,90, Hero calls $8,10, CO gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $19,65

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, tens (Qh Ts)
      CO shows a full-house, tens full of nines (9h Td)

CO wins with a full-house, tens full of nines (9h Td)

He was very loose player with high WTS value
  • 2 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hi Sasa1234,

You could've raise PF, but calling is perfectly fine.

On the flop you have to raise him, you have top pair with a decent kicker, the board is not too drawy but you're up against 3 opponents, raise it and thin out the field, don't give other players nice odds to draw for a straight. I'd make it $1.20

As played it's difficult to know where you stand on the turn, it's unlikely he's on a draw here, so there's nothing to protect against, but if you raise you may end up making worse hands fold, if there's a worse hand that would play like this. But I'd make the call here and reevaluate on the river.

On the river I'm folding, the flush comes and the board pairs, he's either hit the unlikely flush or he has a boat. Ok, he could also be on a bluff, but he's certainly not bluffing often enough to make a call profitable.
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      Thank you

I thought with that big bet on the river that he has either overpair(seen him play like that before) or same set like i with random kicker(which i could beat)