makin notes

• champ44
      champ44
      Bronze
      hi frnds.. i need ur help in suggesting me the best possible ways to make notes on opponents...i m worse in makin note pls suggest me bout colour codes and shortcuts to make notes/

thanks
  • 7 replies
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Well I usually mark specific player types in different colours, can't tell which colours as it might not fit for you. As for notes I put date, stakes, and then write villains hand, board texture and actions.

Example:
      [B]NL5 Standard* Jun 2013
      Calls 3bet in CO (OOP) 72o, x/shoves air on wet board[/b]

*standard stands for standard cash tables. If played on zoom I would enter zoom instead.

I have usually notepad opened with same template which I copy/paste and edit.

Hope this helps.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      I posted a topic about this as well, maybe you'll find some useful info in there as well! :)

Note taking
    • champ44
      champ44
      Bronze
      ty
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Thanks for helping out guys!

I'm not the best at notetaking, but there is something really important about notetaking imo! You should be able to understand them instantly. Don't copy someones notes if you have to think about what you wrote the whole time. Rather have your own style then.

Regards

RasTweet
    • inoimbluffingdou
      inoimbluffingdou
      Basic
      Originally posted by RasTweet

I'm not the best at notetaking, but there is something really important about notetaking imo! You should be able to understand them instantly. Don't copy someones notes if you have to think about what you wrote the whole time. Rather have your own style then.

Regards

RasTweet
      Good point though I am sure it helps to read the notes if others to understand what they have done and why, and THEN come up with your own style.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by inoimbluffingdou
      Originally posted by RasTweet

Regards

RasTweet
      Good point though I am sure it helps to read the notes if others to understand what they have done and why, and THEN come up with your own style.
      Yes for sure! I'm just saying that one shouldn't copy an other dudes notes. I'm pretty sure no one can use my notes accept for me :D But I understand them and that the most important thing.
    • ariolis30
      ariolis30
      Basic
      im not great at taking notes since i bagillion table. accurate color coding is a must for me but im sure not taking is more optimal!