facing raise with set 3way vs "nit" nl1000SEK (same as nl200$)

• woodmo
      woodmo
      Bronze
      Hey guys, i found myself in a.. bit of a tricky spot today, i hope to get some pointers. The hand is played on a swedish site, with swedish money. so its not $$
      I decide to flat even though its a 3bet and all that, just cuz the extreme stackdepth we have going on at the table. Also the first raiser has a very low 4bet so im not rly afraid of that either.

So, the turnplay.. I dont really wanna 3bet / get it in here (maybe its bad thinking of me?) cuz i see this guy to be a bit of a postflop nit. I dont see him making huge bluffs or light valuebets. Atleast not vs me..

How do u guys think this should be played? thx in advance

$5/$10 No Limit Holdem
      HEM2
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG felstav ($3,995) 400bb
      CO Guybrush ($5,049.62) 505bb
      BTN HeroinHero ($4,500.04) 450bb
      SB skogmo ($4,102.56) 410bb
      BB Toompen ($1,646) 165bb

Pre-Flop: ($15, 5 players) skogmo is SB 6:diamond: 6:spade:
      1 fold, Guybrush raises to $28.75, HeroinHero raises to $83.12, skogmo calls $78.12, 1 fold, Guybrush calls $54.37

Flop: 6:heart: 4:diamond: 9:heart: ($259.36, 3 players)
      skogmo checks, Guybrush checks, HeroinHero checks

Turn: 2:club: ($252.88, 3 players)
      skogmo bets $150, Guybrush raises to $410,
      HeroinHero folds, skogmo calls $260 River: 2:heart: ($1,064.36, 2 players) skogmo checks, Guybrush bets $810, skogmo raises to $1,888, Guybrush folds
  • 6 replies
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      which one are you? skogmo or guybrush? or heroinhero?
    • woodmo
      woodmo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Phgrinder
      which one are you? skogmo or guybrush? or heroinhero?
      skogmo, the one with faceup cards ;)

dunno why it doesnt say "hero" it did in the link. lol
    • Beastofterror
      Beastofterror
      Bronze
      Personally i think he is trying to outbluff you. 3bet pot preflop, check check check on a pretty dry board (except the flushdraw) and you start betting on the deuce. Seems like a nice spot to make a play, he could probably do this aswell with a flushdraw as a semibluff, but i doubt he would have folded the river if he did have it. Maybe he has 88/77 but overall i rarely see him having you beat here.
      I'd call the turn and c/raise a lot of turns.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      @beastofterror how on earth is that board dry ?

I think 4bet or fold pre unless heroinhero is a fish, because you'll mostly get in ugly situations like this when oop even when you flop a monster, board is so draw heavy yet you are forced to give a free card. donking flop for protection is an option but you can't really get much value except maybe from draws or stubborn TT or JJ or best case scenario 44.
      as played, I would probably call turn and reevaluate river. my plan would be to donk a 1/3 pot blocking bet on most scare cards like a heart or a T/5 and snap fold if raised, a blocking bet would be really usefull as we can lolsnapfold river if we get raised since he is never tricky enough to bluff like that (based on your read on vilain). if the river is a brick or pairs the board, I would c/raise 2x and fold to a 3bet, 9 probably c/jam but I would expect to see quads or 9s full quite often.

bottom line is that it sucks to play small PP oop.
    • woodmo
      woodmo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by booomm

I think 4bet or fold pre unless heroinhero is a fish, because you'll mostly get in ugly situations like this when oop even when you flop a monster, board is so draw heavy yet you are forced to give a free card. donking flop for protection is an option but you can't really get much value except maybe from draws or stubborn TT or JJ or best case scenario 44.
      as played, I would probably call turn and reevaluate river. my plan would be to donk a 1/3 pot blocking bet on most scare cards like a heart or a T/5 and snap fold if raised, a blocking bet would be really usefull as we can lolsnapfold river if we get raised since he is never tricky enough to bluff like that (based on your read on vilain). if the river is a brick or pairs the board, I would c/raise 2x and fold to a 3bet, 9 probably c/jam but I would expect to see quads or 9s full quite often.

thx for the answer!

I agree with you, i normally fold here. just call now cuz the big stacksizes as i mentioned. but still you are right, it sux OOP..

Donking flop could work here. alltough heroinhero Cbets Alot. so i actually thought he would Cbet an A high flop :)

And yea i agree with you on riverplay.. i was raise/folding here also.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by woodmo
      Originally posted by booomm

thx for the answer!

I agree with you, i normally fold here. just call now cuz the big stacksizes as i mentioned. but still you are right, it sux OOP..

Donking flop could work here. alltough heroinhero Cbets Alot. so i actually thought he would Cbet an A high flop :)

And yea i agree with you on riverplay.. i was raise/folding here also.
      deep stack vs 2 regs dosen't really justify a call preflop imo, it is not like it is lolbad to call or anything, I might call too depending on vilains postflop tendencies and my mood, but fold/4bet is slightly more profitable I think.

about the flop donk plan, well I wouldn't expect anyone to cbet that often here, if I were in heroinhero shoe's, I might check back TT or even JJ because cbetting big would isolate us against better hands and cbetting small just sucks hard on multiway pots, so donking flop wouldn't be such a bad idea even if vilain cbet freq is high.