[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR 54s on flush board

• giordin0
      0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4:club: , 5:club:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $0,08, UTG+2 calls $0,08, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,08, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,06, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,36) 6:heart: , T:heart: , 3:heart: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0,35, UTG+1 calls $0,35, 2 folds.

Turn: ($1,06) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

River: ($1,06) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0,60, Hero calls $0,60.

Final Pot: $2,26

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows [ 4c, 5c ] a straight Three to Seven
      UTG+1 shows [ Ah, 7d ] a flush, Ace high
      UTG+1 wins $2.15 USD with a flush, Ace high.

from sb i called the raise, 6 cents for a 30 cent pot
      flop came with the wrong suit 3flush, but gave me an OESD
      i bet potsize to either take it down or to check/fold on turn if i get called
      maybe that should be 2/3 potsize due to 2:1 OESD odds? or should i rather just check and hope to get a free card (currently i think i wouldn't know at all where i'm at then)

turn came which actualy improved me to the straight i was looking for. still had the check in my game plan so i checked which got checked behind. Should i bet potsize (or in this case put opponent all-in since he had only 1.5 pot left in his stack?) here since i had a made hand?

river came with the another heart, i knew i was beat so planned for the check/fold. and then i ofcourse had to call his bet to see what he had, an expensive 60 cent. I was really curious if he actually had 2 hearts or just the one Ah. Some how it did give me the feeling my line was ok (except for calling river ofcourse)

This all remembering haasenbraten's first hand on his NL10 session review of 26th of may. (altho he had trips on the flop there, and had position, which i both didnt have here) which i watched before this session
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Hi giordin0,

I´d c/f flop. Flop is very drawy and every big heart or pair would call your bet.
      Turn. You should protect your hand and bet 0,8$ or if opponent has less than 1,5$ left then put him all-in. NO need to slowplay here. Players would still call with any pair or heart.
      River: I´d c/f. It is never bluff here and no need to call for information.