the13thing

• the13thing
      the13thing
      Bronze
      This is my Beginner's Course. My main focus is to do a lesson at least once in a month.

Homework #1
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      Winning good money, working as a freelancer and having fun playing cards. It is obvious that all follows the money but I still have fun playing poker.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Tilting is becoming less and less of a problem but it is still there. Lack of study. Playing longer sessions when losing and shorter sessions when winning. Those are my main problems I think.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Playing aggressive means to be one step ahead of your opponent. Making him think and doing hard decisions. Being aggressive is to fire the right bets at the right time. Agressiveness has to be managed and balanced, making your opponent fold when he has the best hand and taking our opponent to showdown when he has the worst hand.
  • 2 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey the13thing

welcome to the beginners' course. Good luck with the course. Bogdan will check your homework soon.

Regards,
      Luke
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by the13thing
      This is my Beginner's Course. My main focus is to do a lesson at least once in a month.

Homework #1
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      Winning good money, working as a freelancer and having fun playing cards. It is obvious that all follows the money but I still have fun playing poker.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Tilting is becoming less and less of a problem but it is still there. Lack of study. Playing longer sessions when losing and shorter sessions when winning. Those are my main problems I think.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Playing aggressive means to be one step ahead of your opponent. Making him think and doing hard decisions. Being aggressive is to fire the right bets at the right time. Agressiveness has to be managed and balanced, making your opponent fold when he has the best hand and taking our opponent to showdown when he has the worst hand.
      Hi the13thing,

Welcome to the course.

Congratulations, homework #1 is now complete.

Your homework looks good and while you have some very common leaks they can all be fixed with a bit of work.

For example you can start studying more by simply reading more articles and watching more videos on this site (even when you just have 15-30 minutes available).

Best of luck,

Bogdan