Confessions of a live poker pro

  • 18 replies
    • livethelife7
      livethelife7
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.02.2009 Posts: 1,093
      Well written post! Pretty interesting, will definitly follow this. What did you study?

      Good luck at the tables!
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.07.2010 Posts: 381
      .

      Euan.
    • ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.06.2011 Posts: 303
      Interesting. I'm also a recently graduated student, and have a masters offer that I'm deferring to play poker for the year (and hopefully save some $$$ in the process). Also playing 100/200 online, but not much live. There's a local 100 game nearby but I don't really see it as profitable. And that's what I wanted to ask, really: why are you playing a lot of live poker? Do you enjoy it more or think that it will be more profitable? Even though live tends to be super easy don't you just find it more profitable to grind online?
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.07.2010 Posts: 381
      .
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.07.2010 Posts: 381
      .
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.07.2010 Posts: 381
      Decided this is going to be a video blog. Think it will be much more fun that way. Will update about my first few days as a full time player later today.
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Joined: 22.05.2009 Posts: 2,642
      Subbed - Best of luck ;)
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Joined: 29.10.2009 Posts: 494
      Originally posted by swanny36
      Decided this is going to be a video blog. Think it will be much more fun that way. Will update about my first few days as a full time player later today.
      That Sir, is an awesome idea. Subscribed
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.07.2010 Posts: 381
      .
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.12.2010 Posts: 1,176
      Welcome back mate!

      I honestly thought you were dead! Haha jokez, pretty sure you had been consumed with the hours at Aldi.

      Run Good! :s_cool:
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.07.2010 Posts: 381
      Hey man! Yeah I know, sorry I disappeared like that, just got completely snowed under with work. How is your poker going? When you coming into genting to play some live poker? Know a couple of guys from Bathgate that come through 5 times a week.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.12.2010 Posts: 1,176
      not really been playing online in like 1.5month+ :f_mad: reeeally need to get back into it. played some live 10/20 on friday and my god, i'm a fish! :( day off tomorrow, so going to have a grind and laugh even more at how much i've forgot :f_biggrin:

      Hopefully sometime soon. Just need moniez to get it going. Made ~£1.2k from live but had to use most of it for my car and stuff, the rest has been put away for holiday.

      haha no way!! is it Julian, Daryl etc? I play with them on a Wednesday at a pub league thing. (just took it down over 13week btw :s_cool: )

      Catch you on skype sometime, if i remember to switch it on :p
    • ballsdeep11
      ballsdeep11
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.06.2013 Posts: 6
      Originally posted by swanny36
      university of aberdeen.
      Do you still live in Aberdeen, which casino do you play in? I've probably seen you.
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.07.2010 Posts: 381
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      not really been playing online in like 1.5month+ :f_mad: reeeally need to get back into it. played some live 10/20 on friday and my god, i'm a fish! :( day off tomorrow, so going to have a grind and laugh even more at how much i've forgot :f_biggrin:

      Hopefully sometime soon. Just need moniez to get it going. Made ~£1.2k from live but had to use most of it for my car and stuff, the rest has been put away for holiday.

      haha no way!! is it Julian, Daryl etc? I play with them on a Wednesday at a pub league thing. (just took it down over 13week btw :s_cool: )

      Catch you on skype sometime, if i remember to switch it on :p
      Good stuff man. Where you off to on holiday? The two main guys are called jamie duffy and paddy doonan. Although Julien plays occasionally (is he mexican?)

      Played a 3 and a half hour session of 1-2 live tonight and broke even. Played ok but was pretty card dead.

      Think i'm heading to play at the allea in Glasgow tomorrow night. Apparently there is a pretty juicy game there on a tuesday.
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.07.2010 Posts: 381
      Originally posted by ballsdeep11
      Originally posted by swanny36
      university of aberdeen.
      Do you still live in Aberdeen, which casino do you play in? I've probably seen you.
      Hi mate. No i'm based in Edinburgh now. I played in the Grosvenor casino up in aberdeen a couple of times but this would be around three years ago.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.12.2010 Posts: 1,176
      Originally posted by swanny36
      Good stuff man. Where you off to on holiday? The two main guys are called jamie duffy and paddy doonan. Although Julien plays occasionally (is he mexican?)

      Played a 3 and a half hour session of 1-2 live tonight and broke even. Played ok but was pretty card dead.

      Think i'm heading to play at the allea in Glasgow tomorrow night. Apparently there is a pretty juicy game there on a tuesday.
      Zante next month! for 2 weeks :f_cool:

      Yeah they both play the league as well, not regularly though. Not really spoke to them as much as the others.

      yeah pretty sure hes mexcan, such a sound guy :f_thumbsup:

      Is it a tourney you're playing tonight? hope you run good ;)
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.07.2010 Posts: 381
      No just cash tonight. Playing at the allea in Glasgow. Pretty sweet casino actually. Will do video blog tomorrow. break even ATM but was down £200 so can't complain.
    • everyoneissolid
      everyoneissolid
      Gold
      Joined: 13.03.2011 Posts: 2,651
      im in

      sounds interessing, looking forward to further videoupdates (it would be nice if you would make them a little bit more compact)

      gl :f_thumbsup: