[NL2-NL10] Nl10$ - First hand and Introduction

• AndreMG
      Hi guys, this will be my first hand post here at BSS. I used to play SSS and now decided to play BSS, I know a little of the game but I am looking forward improvement with the help of you guys.

If someone wants to know something about me I wrote a blog here at :
      Medicine Student or Poker Player?

I will keep posting more hands here and hope if you guys can help this donkey turning into a winning player.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($10.00)
      BB ($10.70)
      UTG ($10.15) - 17/13/3 ( 51 )
      MP ($2.45)
      CO ($11.45)
      Hero (Button) ($14.35)

Preflop: Hero is Button with ,
      UTG raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95) , , (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

1 - Pre - Flop play: Is this call ok? Not that sure how ahead/behind I am from his open raise range from UTG.

2 - Flop Play : Looking now I hate my call. But I cant find if fold>raise or raise>fold. I think its too weak to fold this flop playing in position, but not sure.

Thank you guys.
  • 1 reply
    • srohack
      1. preflop its ok to call on the button in position . with that tight stats his open range is usualy 22+Ajs+
      2. calling is the best option in this case . folding is way to weak and you have no reason to think you are behind at this moment . that is a very good flop for him to cbet from utg . by raising you will just fold his weaker hands and will get called or shoved by better .
      calling and reevaluating turn is the best move in this situations