How to deal with opponents with loose 3betting ranges?

• Zenith88
      Zenith88
      Bronze
      The question is simple, should i tighten my raising range, or loosen my calling range. Earlier today i faced such an opponent, and i chose to tighten up as felt that with a BR of 30BI for NL50 SH i couldn't afford the variance of the 2nd option. However, on the long term, what's the best approach on an aggressive table preflop?
  • 3 replies
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      I vould tighten, because you don't know against what are you playing. The opponent could have anything and if you don't have high pocket pair that play is marginal.

For example if you have AK or AQ you'll miss the flop 66% of the time, so it is wasted money and you are quite pot commited with that 3-bet...
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Actually this is something i don't know how to deal with especially when they are 3 betting in position.

I have heared of the following adjustments, 4 betting light and slowplaying your monster pre-flop hands. But be careful if he also adjusts.

Failing that, just switch seats so you are in position or just leave the table.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zenith88
      The question is simple, should i tighten my raising range, or loosen my calling range. Earlier today i faced such an opponent, and i chose to tighten up as felt that with a BR of 30BI for NL50 SH i couldn't afford the variance of the 2nd option. However, on the long term, what's the best approach on an aggressive table preflop?
      Best solution: change tables
      besides that tighten up oop. You can go 4-bet/call with (TT)JJ+/AK.
      Ip: Not sure. If pkayer is aggressive then he could fire multiple barrels postflop. So my line is often trap with very strong hands and just fold medium hands (AT-AQ);KQ, KJ, JT. You could try floating, but if you hit top pair would you call two barrels and all-in shove on the river.