video Fixed Limit 1$-2$ 6-handed 45 min FullTilt

• 12 replies
    • MP87
      MP87
      Bronze
      Hi danielasso, there are some very well played hands in this video.

Sorry I deleted it from my computer so I don't have an exact time for this hand. I think this was BR around 10 minutes? When you tried to check/raise the J-high flop with 8:diamond: 7:diamond: as a bluff, I don't think you should have gave up when the ace came on the turn. Here's why. You said the player was a smart TAG and would conti-bet the flop with nothing. However when you try and bluff him here, you are suggesting to him that you either hit the Jack or 2nd pair. When the ace comes on the turn, whether he hit it or not he will not give you credit for it and can easily bluff raise or value raise back, you would not know which. He will not believe you have AJ, A9 or A6 (I think there was a 6 on the flop) because you would have 3bet him preflop.
    • danielasso
      danielasso
      Bronze
      Full Tilt (Cash Game): $1/$2 FL , 6 players
      Tue Aug 26 12:33:37 CEST 2008
      Powered by Poker Academy (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Spudroxx ($18)
      MezzoMix2000 ($99)
      tjb10 ($50.25)
      shouka ($28.75)
      [color:#ff8c00]ello mallo 000 ($79.50)[/color]
      Mad_Max_1988 ($8.50)

tjb10 is the button.

Precards:
      shouka posts the small blind $0.50, [color:#ff8c00]ello mallo 000 posts the big blind $1[/color].

Preflop: ello mallo 000 is dealt 7:diamond: 8:diamond: (6 active)
      [color:#666666]2 folds[/color], [color:#329632]MezzoMix2000 raises to $2[/color], [color:#666666]2 folds[/color], [color:#ff8c00]ello mallo 000 calls $1[/color].

Flop: 5:spade: 9:diamond: J:heart: ($4.50, 2 active)
      [color:#ff8c00]ello mallo 000 checks[/color], [color:#329632]MezzoMix2000 bets $1[/color], [color:#ff8c00]ello mallo 000 raises to $2[/color], [color:#6495ed]MezzoMix2000 calls $1[/color].

Turn: 5:spade: 9:diamond: J:heart: A:heart: ($8.50, 2 active)
      [color:#ff8c00]ello mallo 000 bets $2[/color], [color:#329632]MezzoMix2000 raises to $4[/color], [color:#ff8c00]ello mallo 000 folds[/color].

Final Pot: $12, $0.50 raked
      [color:#ff8c00]ello mallo 000, net: -$6, Folded Turn, has 7:diamond: 8:diamond: (Ace High)[/color]
      [color:#329632]MezzoMix2000, net: $6, Won uncontested Turn[/color]
      [color:#CC3333]shouka, net: -$0.50, Folded Preflop[/color]
    • danielasso
      danielasso
      Bronze
      I think I can have A5o for example ( and I only call from BB a CO open-raise )

However I've tried.. I was worried about the A coming on the turn, but I think if I check the turn is over ! :tongue:

So if I bet the turn he can folds something like 88, 66, TT ( not easily of course )... but I try...

Is right ?
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      Hi danielasso!

I have watched the first 20min of your video, and I think that you played really well. You explain your moves well and I think make the right decisions.

Only one thing to say so far though; the hand which is already commented on above you actually have a double gutshot (any 6 or T) so calling the turn raise should be fine at 7:1!

Production wise, I think the audio and video is good and you speak clearly, but a bit annoying when you drag around the tables and pop up the stats all the time.

I'll watch the second half tomorrow and see if I can spot some bad plays, but so far so good I think!

Btw, do you want comments here or in the post that is in the self-study section?
    • danielasso
      danielasso
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Foxxxen
      Hi danielasso!

I have watched the first 20min of your video, and I think that you played really well. You explain your moves well and I think make the right decisions.

Only one thing to say so far though; the hand which is already commented on above you actually have a double gutshot (any 6 or T) so calling the turn raise should be fine at 7:1!

Production wise, I think the audio and video is good and you speak clearly, but a bit annoying when you drag around the tables and pop up the stats all the time.

I'll watch the second half tomorrow and see if I can spot some bad plays, but so far so good I think!

Btw, do you want comments here or in the post that is in the self-study section?
      Ty

I think you can comments here ;)

About my hand with double gut-shot I think you are right... I have 8 outs, si the call on the turn is right. I've made a mistake X(
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      Watched the second half and I think there were more tricky hands here.
      Here are two remarks:

UL: 24:00 I think a bet here is the right move, you have an OESD+a pair, so good equity. He might have called the flop just as a test, they often do this.

UL: 27:20 Isn't it better to play the standard call flop, raise turn for value here? You say you are afraid of an A on the turn (9% chance?), but then at least you have a redraw, so it should not be too big of a deal.

One more thing though: Switch away from Full Tilt. You comment on it alot yourself: It is too much tight!
    • danielasso
      danielasso
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Foxxxen
      Watched the second half and I think there were more tricky hands here.
      Here are two remarks:

UL: 24:00 I think a bet here is the right move, you have an OESD+a pair, so good equity. He might have called the flop just as a test, they often do this.

UL: 27:20 Isn't it better to play the standard call flop, raise turn for value here? You say you are afraid of an A on the turn (9% chance?), but then at least you have a redraw, so it should not be too big of a deal.

One more thing though: Switch away from Full Tilt. You comment on it alot yourself: It is too much tight!
      Ty

I'm thinking to make a deposit to PokerRoom.com and use the bonus ;)
      However there are fishes on FullTilt :P ... not too much but you can find them, changing tables

I've recorded the session in the afternoon when there are not many fishes, but in the evenining/night you can find them a lot :D

I'll make a decision next weeks
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Do NOT go to PokerRoom.
      This is by far the worst poker site for FL players. There are only few tables. Check at platform statistics (Mansion is on same network).
      You have to look up this things before signing to poker sites :)
    • danielasso
      danielasso
      Bronze
      Yes :D

I've seen.

PartyPoker, Titan, PStars and FullTilt are the only sites where we can play
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Huhu. :)

I'm watching it right now. You are using gametime for your popups. Have you tried our software?
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/9/

0:45, UL: I would bet the flop as it's unraised and you are first to act. See this article about it:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/944/2/#h1_2

5:50, UR: It's already mentioned above. :) But the flop check/raise is nice even with just a gutshot.

10:30, UL: I like to valubet this river. You split any ace but AQ and AK but you win against a J or sometimes the 8 or some pocketpairs.

14:12, UR: I don't like the flopcall. You have at most 5 outs (3-4 are more realistic) and you are not last to act. I would just fold here.

18:24, UR: I don't play wa/wb very often if it was just raised preflop as his range is too wide and he may give up a lot hands on the turn. Here I check/raise the flop and go on from there. The board has a few straightdraw so he could calldown a worse pair because of that.

21:00, UL: The valuebet on the river is good. Don't think too result orientated here. You took quiet some time before your bet so this might be a move.
      I would call his check/raise as it makes no sense so it's either a hit monster or a bluff and once every 8 times you should win here. Sure he is passive but that also means that he wouldn't do it with a weak hand (as an pair of aces is).

22:20, UR: 76o is a call for me on the BB with 5,5:1.

25:50, BR: Indeed a good fold.
      Board: Jd 8h 2s
      Dead:

Equity Gewonnen UnentschiedenVerloren Hand
      Spieler 1: 20.893 % 20.214 % 1.358 % 78.428 % Kh9s
      Spieler 2: 79.107 % 78.428 % 1.358 % 20.214 % 22+, A2s+, K9s+, QTs+, A3o+, KTo+

26:10, UL: You should raise the turn for value even if he is passive he could do this with a lot worse hands. Especially draws which you want to pay more to draw to their hand.
      I don't like the check on the river either. He can still call a lot worse hands and you split with any better ace also.

27:10, UL: The hand before he donked the flop with a draw so here I want to charge the most out of him and to save a bet if a bad card comes on the turn so here again I like a call flop, raise turn more and just calldown if the turn is a straightcompleting card.

30:30, BR: I would heck/rais the flop here with a gutshot. You maybe can make him fold a better hand later on the turn or river.

32:10, UR: I like to bet out with a 2nd pair here as it's pretty strong in an unraised 3-way pot.

33:24, BR: Don't fold on the river. He can still bet a busted flushdraw to the scarecard on the river and that should be enough for 7:1. :)

36:30, UL: 10:1 is enough to call with two overcards. You need just 4 outs which you should have here as he can raise a pair only.

37:00, UR: I would just call his donk to reevaluate on the turn. There are a few straightdraws out so even a calldown is possible.
    • danielasso
      danielasso
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      I'm watching it right now. You are using gametime for your popups. Have you tried our software?
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/9/
      Yes I've tried. Very good
      But now I prefer Ptracker. The elephant HUD make me some problems... I dont see the time-line on my screen... and in Elephant I'm not able to access at the database

0:45, UL: I would bet the flop as it's unraised and you are first to act. See this article about it:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/944/2/#h1_2
      I knew it ;)
      I normally bet often, but some kind of moves doesn't work vs fish loose, so betting for first with 83o and receive a call from your opponent is not good, becuase I've to lead out on the turn also to try to take it down, and with 83o I think I'm happy to see the flop for free :P

14:12, UR: I don't like the flopcall. You have at most 5 outs (3-4 are more realistic) and you are not last to act. I would just fold here.
      Probably not the best move, but the BTN can bet with anything, I think. Not always he's got Ace... The other player is dangerous of course, but If I fold too much on the flop I think is a mistake.

18:24, UR: I don't play wa/wb very often if it was just raised preflop as his range is too wide and he may give up a lot hands on the turn. Here I check/raise the flop and go on from there. The board has a few straightdraw so he could calldown a worse pair because of that.
      You are right of course, but against an aggressive player I want another bet on the turn. Often check-raise him and bet the turn means that I win less money I think and however I bet on the river of course.

21:00, UL: The valuebet on the river is good. Don't think too result orientated here. You took quiet some time before your bet so this might be a move.
      I would call his check/raise as it makes no sense so it's either a hit monster or a bluff and once every 8 times you should win here. Sure he is passive but that also means that he wouldn't do it with a weak hand (as an pair of aces is).
      Yes It was a big big mistake fold on the river ! X(
      I've posted this hand if you remember... in the sample hands section

22:20, UR: 76o is a call for me on the BB with 5,5:1.
      Ty

26:10, UL: You should raise the turn for value even if he is passive he could do this with a lot worse hands. Especially draws which you want to pay more to draw to their hand.
      I don't like the check on the river either. He can still call a lot worse hands and you split with any better ace also.
      Yes. I made two mistake. On the river is a big mistake

27:10, UL: The hand before he donked the flop with a draw so here I want to charge the most out of him and to save a bet if a bad card comes on the turn so here again I like a call flop, raise turn more and just calldown if the turn is a straightcompleting card.
      Yes of course, another big mistake :D

33:24, BR: Don't fold on the river. He can still bet a busted flushdraw to the scarecard on the river and that should be enough for 7:1. :)
      Yes, another mistake. I was worried for the Ace on the river, but there were no reasons to be afraid :P ... if I call the turn I have to call the river also

36:30, UL: 10:1 is enough to call with two overcards. You need just 4 outs which you should have here as he can raise a pair only.
      you are right again

37:00, UR: I would just call his donk to reevaluate on the turn. There are a few straightdraws out so even a calldown is possible.
      This kind of hand for me are really difficult to play.. I dont like K high... I prefer A high to calldown... but maybe the best hand of course

Ty very much !
      I'll follow your advices
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Thanks for your feedback. :)
      I'm happy that I haven't said something different at the sample hand board about the KJo hand. :D