Old habits die hard

• MackPDaddy
      Hi guys
      Joined up on Sunday and have been playing on the recommended site on the $1 SnG's and MTT's, I'm having some success on the single table SnG's where the game averages about an hour but not doing so well when there are 5+ tables where the games last 2/3 hours or more my last 3, 5 table SnG's I have made the final table and twice missed the payout and once took the lowest payout, Each time this has been due to slipping back into old ways, raising AJs UTG playing a free hand after the flop when its a straight fold these mistakes cost me heavily, I know with time I will make less mistakes any tips n the mean time would be gracefully received,
  • 2 replies
    • cannell555
      Hi MackPDaddy,

They key to success in MTT's, is to play fearlesly. This doesn't mean play like a maniac, but it does mean you need to take a couple of risks, at the right time ofc.

To get deep in the money we need to play for the win, therefore we need to keep accumilating chips. Being aggressive around the bubble will surely gather us alot of chips.

You also need to be familiar with ICM play. You can find our own ICM trainer here., which should also help you, if you dont already have this kind of software.

The most important tip for these tournaments is, to post your Sample hands here.. The hand judges will be able to spot errors that you make, that maybe you dont notice.

• Semesa
      DONT start with playing multi table tournaments.

play 6max or FR SnG's. you need to be very good or very lucky to make money off MTT's.