$3,91
      MP3:
      $3,00
      CO:
      $10,42
      BU:
      $21,62

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,10, MP3 calls $0,10, CO calls $0,10, BU folds, Hero raises to $1,90 (All-In), 4 folds.

Final Pot: $2,30

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card king with queen kicker (Kd Qd)

Hero wins with high card king with queen kicker (Kd Qd)
  • 5 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      70c raise pre-flop would of been fine.
      I think a shove is playable aswell.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Nah, I wouldn't never push the KQ on flop. Just the normal bet.
    • AndriusLT
      AndriusLT
      Bronze
      I pushed PF. If there were one or two limpers I would do normally bet but with 3 limpers I thought pushing PF is better option, am I right?
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      not really... if anyone calls they most certainly have you beat.

with a 70c raise you still have suckout value, and if its a bad flop(i.e. ace with no draws) you can check/fold, as you can be pretty well assured you are beat if you dont hit.

i cant see anyone calling a preflop raise to 7 BB with less then AT/77+(even this range is very very very loose)

if the flop is, for example,
      A :diamond: T :heart: 5 :diamond:
      i would go broke if i had 2 callers to Preflop 7BB raise.
      you can safely assume at least 1 of them hit the ace, probably both of them, now you have alot of suckout value with nut flush draw and straightdraw.

if the flop were:
      A :heart: 6 :diamond: 4 :club:
      i would definitely check/fold.

edit:

lots of limpers from middle position really isnt all that dangerous. i notice people will limp almost any drawing hand(any 2 suited cards, any connector or 1 gap) from middle position on micro limits. if there was a UTG limp i would probably be worried(all the more reason not to shove i guess)

2nd edit:

with SSS, your biggest enemy is yourself. playing 15 tables i probably make about 1-2 mistakes per hour(and maybe 4-5 marginal shoves, however im usually using stats to make these shoves)

if you make more then 0.4 Mistakes per hour per table(i.e. playing 5 tables, making more then 2 mistakes per hour) then you will be losing money.

the major thing to remember is that when we make mistakes, it hurts us alot more than with any other type of play. a mistake costs us 1 buyin. i make 2 buyin's per hour max on a good day(this is mainly due to my 1-2 mistakes per hour)
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi AndriusLT,

I really like your pre flop push oop the first limper is mp2 so probably not the strongest hands, against pockets you have a flip so well played. I like it more to push KQs then hands like AJo, because you have better equity against pockets.