for what type of SnGs ?
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      6 max turbos
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Bronze
      hm, I'm not too sure about 6max turbo, but in normal 6max you can open from EP hands like: 22+ or 98s+

about suited aces:
      Did you know that A5s , A4s, A3s, A2s and A2s are all stronger then A6s and A7s?

I would not open them from EP anyway. A9s , ATo would probably be the bottom of my range

I would also probably bin KJo and QJo from EP raise
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, maythany!

It is really, really hard to say what is the optimal hand range. It depends on so many things-who's behind, who's in the blinds, how many eff. blinds does the table have on average, how many players are left, etc. etc.

For the first blind level-say we are deep, 1500 chips, bbt20, I will raise any pair from UTG, together with AJ+, maybe ATs and prolly KQs. If I have fishes in the blinds, then I will extend my range adding hands like 89s, JTs, 78s, KQo, KJs too because I know those fishes are gonna play a big number of hands and I love to play playable hands vs fish IP when we re deep.

However, if u make it a habit to open a wide range from UTG, say 20%, you become so easily exploitable by decent regs who are just gonna 3bet you IP with such a wide range and you can't do much....I mean, you can adjust by 4betting lighter- if you have strong reads, but that's gonna take time and most of the time you will end up raise/folding or raise/calling OOP in a 3bet pot vs a good player-which sucks. Also, I guess you play low limits, often you are gonna see people flatting your raises-so u will play OOP at the end of the day and once again-this is not fun.

With HJ-CO-BTN, you can play with the ranges a lot depending on the blinds and who's to act behind you. 6-max doesn't have fixed range like 9-max, that's the beauty of it. There is much more room for creativity.
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Thank you Kurrkabin! Always insightful information :) .

adasko99: I did not know a2s-a5s are all stronger than a6s and a7s! That's probably because we are more likely to make straight draws with a2s-a5s than a6s and a7s?
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      A5s-A2s is not stronger than A6s-A7s, it only has higher equity vs a strong calling range which makes it a good hand to bluff raise all in pre (blocker and equity). Against a random hand A6-A7s is better than A5-A2s, and vs each other obviously you want A7s in A7s v A5s all in pre etc.
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maythany
      That's probably because we are more likely to make straight draws with a2s-a5s than a6s and a7s?
      that's exactly why :)

and like metza wrote: I meant A5s is better then A7s vs most ranges, not vs each other :P
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Insightful stuffs :) thanks guys!