[NL2-NL10] J9s NL10

• AndriusLT

I know that I should fold PF.

Please evaluate post flop.

Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:diamond: , 9:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,10, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0,20, BU folds, Hero calls $0,15, BB calls $0,10, MP2 calls $0,10.

Flop: ($0,80) 8:club: , J:diamond: , 2:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0,40, BB calls $0,40, MP2 folds, CO raises to $0,80, Hero raises to $1,70 (All-In), BB folds, CO calls $0,90.

Turn: ($4,60) 3:heart:
      River: ($4,60) 4:heart:

Final Pot: $4,60

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card jack with ten kicker (Td 9d)
      CO shows a pair of kings (Kh Kc)

CO wins with a pair of kings (Kh Kc)
  • 5 replies
    • TheBrood
      I think I remember reading you shouldnt bet your draws against many opponents because the chance they all fold is low. Specially in early position.
      Also, you are not drawing to nut flush so you must discount some outs there maybe
    • veriz
      Just fold the hands and you wouldn't be in such situations :P
    • abundance211
      The mathematical part in poker is (unfortunately) my Achilles' heel :( and on these days of my study program I am trying to cope with this matter. So I will give it a try. I am sure someone will correct me if I wrote a stupid answer.

On flop you got OESD + FD (although not the nut FD), so you have 15 outs.
      I discount 1 out for not being the nut FD and 1-2 for being in a multiway pot.
      It still leaves 12 - 13 outs, which I think is quite a strong draw.

This gives you 2.5:1 to 3:1 odds to complete your OESD or FD.

Pot odds after CO calls another 0.90 (to complete your reraise and assuming he will cal) will be 2.54:1

0.80+0.40+0.40+0.80+0.90 = 3.3/1.3

So I think you had proper odds and by going all in you made a correct move.

I am not sure if I have put it in writing the correct way or if it is clear, but more or less the basic thinking process is here. Now I wait for better skilled players/judges to comment =)
    • Semesa
      CO minraise is usually trying to induce a shove.

Freeplays are the weakest part of alot of SSS'ers games. play them VERY tightly. if you have not VP$IP'ed, only bet out if you have nut flush draw, made straight, 2 pair, or trips. its just not worth it with anything less than that.

i would have check folded this on the flop.

edit: before even highlighting the result i thought to myself "CO has queens"

i suppose i was fairly close...
    • ysessa
      Hi AndriusLT,

fold pre flop its just a major leak to call this hands.

On the flop check raise all-in your bet don't generate fold equity and a free card don't harm you.