What to spend POKERSTARS FPP's on???

• surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Hi to all the pokerstrategy.com and Pokerstars players.
      So what do you spend your FPP's on?
      I have for the first time ever ticket over my first 1000FPP's and can now cash 1000 in on a $10 cash deposit to my account.
      As I am a Fixed Limit 10/20 Cash player the $10 would aid me in my current goal.
      It represents 100 big blinds and I am working towards another 1100 big blinds before moving up to the next level.
      BUT BUT BUT,
      There is I LOVE POKER T-shirst for 1175FPP's.
      One of those would be cool also for me to play towards.
      What have you bought with your FPP's that you have liked or later regretted?
      Is getting cash the way to go or Pokerstars promo products a better (ego) boost.
      Cheers all.
      Peace
      Simon
      (ps) I am a Bronzestar status player, if that's at all relevant to your advice.
  • 37 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Usually $11 tournament tickets for 700FPP are much better value than cash bonuses. I think you can usually just keep the T$11 and then sell it for $10.50 or so.

I did get a pokerstars t-shirt once, it was only 900FPP so $14 or so, worth it in my opinion. As long as you work out how much the item is actually gonna cost you and decide that its worth it then go for it. It'd suck to spend like 7000FPP on pokerstars bath robe or something and find out thats 110 dollars or something.

Personally I usually use my FPP in satellites as I think it is the best value.

EDIT: Not sure if you can buy tourney tickets as bronze, sorry if you can't.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metza
      Usually $11 tournament tickets for 700FPP are much better value than cash bonuses. I think you can usually just keep the T$11 and then sell it for $10.50 or so.

I did get a pokerstars t-shirt once, it was only 900FPP so $14 or so, worth it in my opinion. As long as you work out how much the item is actually gonna cost you and decide that its worth it then go for it. It'd suck to spend like 7000FPP on pokerstars bath robe or something and find out thats 110 dollars or something.

hi metza ive never heard of this?

what i mean is if i get the T11$ ticket to the sunday storm with 700fpps can i unregister and use the T11$ to tade in the marketplace?

i usually just grind the 235 fpp sats but i think the one you mentioned is better.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Phgrinder
      Originally posted by metza

hi metza ive never heard of this?

what i mean is if i get the T11$ ticket to the sunday storm with 700fpps can i unregister and use the T11$ to tade in the marketplace?

i usually just grind the 235 fpp sats but i think the one you mentioned is better.
      I also usually grind the sats (70 fpp ones are better value IMO) but I saw in the VIP store under tourney tickets there's a whole bunch of tourney tickets for about 65FPP/$. The problem is I've never bought one, so I dunno if you can unregister and get $T. I have like 4k FPP at the moment and cbf playing that amount of sats, so I will let you know in a day or so if it works.
    • spreeboy
      spreeboy
      Bronze
      No, you will have a Sunday Storm ticket credited back to your account... not T$. You can see all your unused tournament tickets on the pokerstars lobby under Request>Tournament tickets.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

235 6 max Hyper Turbo Satellites awarding 2x $11 are generally regarded as the best option for your FPPs.

However, I've noticied that the general player skill level has increased in these tournaments over the past year or so.

There is also the 70FPP Sunday Storm sats, they are 10 handed and award 1x$11.

For both of those options you can unregister and sell the T$ or use them for other tournaments.

Regards,
      Gary.
    • reggie123
      reggie123
      Silver
      40k 70ftp turbo sat. 11$ ticket is best option if you dont like hyper turbos.
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Plenty of feedback and some options I had yet to look at.
      Thanks all.
      I'll sit on the points for now and work them up.
      No need to impulse buy really.
      Peace
      Simon
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck Simon!
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by reggie123
      40k 70ftp turbo sat. 11$ ticket is best option if you dont like hyper turbos.
      They don't run for the whole day though. But still has slightly better value than the 235fpp ones. Not sure about skill level difference. And probably a better option if you don't have many fpps(variance).
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      $1600 cash is the best value I think, or the big tickets. The best value is around $0.018/fpp

$1600 cash is $0.016/fpp
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by variancekiller
      $1600 cash is the best value I think, or the big tickets. The best value is around $0.018/fpp

$1600 cash is $0.016/fpp
      Only for supernova though. And if you're actually a good player in the satellites you will easily get more than $0.016/fpp.

But yea, if you're supernova cash is usually better because of the time factor.
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      satellites became tougher to beat the last year or so. I still think you can manage 0.018 or maybe $0.019 over a big sample, but yeah a lot of time will be consumed.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      satellites became tougher to beat the last year or so. I still think you can manage 0.018 or maybe $0.019 over a big sample, but yeah a lot of time will be consumed.
      Definitely agree. The skill level in these games has improved ten fold in the last 12 months.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Definitely agree. The skill level in these games has improved ten fold in the last 12 months.
      You guys are talking about the 235 sats right? It is hard to believe the people in the 70 sats could have ever been worse than they are. :f_biggrin:
    • soneneso22
      soneneso22
      Bronze
      I would play (and I did play) 33 FPP satellite to Saturday micro. You should be able to get ticket in 6-7 out of 30+ tourneys that you can play for 1k FPPs

That will mean around 20$ in T money and with that you can do whatever you want :-)

Hope I helped.
      Best regards
    • Fr0z3nSouL
      Fr0z3nSouL
      Bronze
      Porsche Cayman S gives you the best value for FPPs :D
    • spreeboy
      spreeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fr0z3nSouL
      Porsche Cayman S gives you the best value for FPPs :D
      Of course, I got two already while still at the micros :D
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Whats happened to the 13FPP Hyper Turbo sunday splash sats? I played these and worked out better value than all the cash rewards except for the $1600 one. They arn't showing in the lobby now :/
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      do the math again about the Porsche and you will find it not to be so good.