pokerstars and FT not opening in lebanon

• crerosu
      crerosu
      Bronze
      Hello,

Does anybody knows why PS and FT are not opening from Lebanon anymore?

Im not able to access to the lobby and all my friends too, but there is not any law about online gaming here, and I dont see any reason for these two rooms to be banned or closed.

Thank u
  • 7 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey crerosu,

I'm not sure if there is currently any issues for the Lebonese players at PokerStars. I guess your best solution is to contact PokerStars support directly to find out.

support@pokerstars.com is their email address.

Please let us know what they say as well :)

Kind regards,
      Gary.

PS: I've moved your thread to our PokerStars board.
    • crerosu
      crerosu
      Bronze
      Thank you, I already contacted them, this was their answer:

Thank you for your patience while we have been reviewing this situation.
      >>
      >> We are currently still analyzing the potential impact of the recent
      >> changes. Unfortunately we are still not in a position to give further
      >> details at this stage, but please rest assured that we will let our players
      >> know should these changes impact the availability of our services.
      >>
      >> Regardless of any future developments we can assure you that your funds are safe with PokerStars.
      >>
      >> We will contact you as soon as we have more information on this matter.

so im not sure what it is about
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hmmm, that message seems to indicate there has been changes.

I have asked internally if we have any news on this situation and will update here if I get any information for you :)

Regards,
      Gary.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      I think online poker has been banned in lebanon for few weeks now, I've seen a thread in 2p2 about it, not sure if I am allowed to post the link here. the only site still availabe is a shady lebanese room called holdemstars, but I wouldn't advise you deposit there, just google for it and you'll understand why.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze

Source: geovarta from 2+2

Here's what I've got so far after three days of investigation.

A month or so ago, the PokerStars and FulltiltPoker websites were unreachable from any connection in Lebanon. Though the clients were accessible, it felt a bit strange and I was worried of an online crackdown in Lebanon. I sent an email to PokerStars support, but I got no information on the matter back then.

I woke up Saturday, June 15 and could not open my Pokerstars client. A few other sites were unreachable either (Fulltilt Poker, Bet365, 888, Betfair...) After contacting my ISP, they informed me that Ogero is blocking access to online poker sites as requested by the ministry of justice.
      On Sunday, June 16. Only one site was officially functioning, Starsofholdem. Owned by Lebanese, hosted in Costa Rica and operated by Stars of Holdem Group @ London - United Kingdom. As the info shows on their website.
      Today I contacted StarsofHoldem support and they assured me that the online restriction in Lebanon will not affect their operations because THEY PAY TAXES TO THE GOVERNMENT!!!!
      Do you see where this is going?!!

As for Pokerstars, I've had this issue escalated with their management but till now I have no official information and my funds are held up there until further notice.
      It's possible to setup a VPN and connect to their site. However, Pokerstars are very strict about IP fraud and such action could lead to them locking your account or confiscating your funds. So I would not try anything at this point until we have further information from PokerStars on how we can cashout our funds.

What's the future of Online Poker in Lebanon? Well, not so bright I figure.
      It's either going to be monopolized or Pokerstars provides a skin for Lebanon and pays the government. I'm not sure how much crowd they could get off the Lebanese market though.

Hard one for the Lebanese enthusiasts, even harder for the ones who were living off it!
    • crerosu
      crerosu
      Bronze
      Thanks for these valuable informations.

I was doubting a move from starsofholdem, as it is very easy to get any deal in Lebanon by corrupting some polticians... they think that their poor room can replace for many pokerstars or ft. they are crazy. its really sad.

I hope our favorite rooms wont stop here... Its easy to get back, and the lebanese market offers a good potential...
    • RawadN
      RawadN
      Bronze
      I'm still playing on Titan Poker but i don't know if we can cash out money.
      the software is still working.
      Guys I just want to know if there's restrictions for lebanese bank transfers so we can not withdraw money.