HU sng villain open shoving every hand

• kjayscopio
      kjayscopio
      Bronze
      Hi there,

Lately I have been playing HU sng's. I have been running well so far, except when I play these kind of opponents. Villain shoves every hand even when OOP regardless of whether I call, min raise or 3x. Although I am calling with the best hand pre flop when I do decide to call (using nash charts), I keep getting sucked on the river a greater percentage of the time. What is the best optimal strategy to counter these kind opponents? Or is variance inevitable when going against such opponents?

Thank you.
  • 4 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, just don't look at short term results, you are not gonna always get sucked out on the riv. Don't follow nash vs certain type of opponents, play expoitaible strategy.

Easiest thing to do is just narrow your playing range(including limping/min raising or 3x-ing), but also widen up big your raise/calling range. F.e. if you feel like opponent is gonna shove a super wide range, a hand like K2s becomes a raise/call for 15bb eff. Where as if I have 76s for 12bb eff. f.e. I much rather push it myself for a greater FE as I have 7 high. Hands like J2o-J6o I prolly just fold pre.
    • kjayscopio
      kjayscopio
      Bronze
      Thanks kurrkabin really appreciate it. Yeah I was definitely becoming results orientated just going to focus on making +EV decisions, the long term will take care of its self.
    • zilltine
      zilltine
      Bronze
      limp 90% hands, fold bottom 10% :f_cool:
    • thirit2
      thirit2
      Basic
      Originally posted by kjayscopio
      Hi there,

Lately I have been playing HU sng's. I have been running well so far, except when I play these kind of opponents. Villain shoves every hand even when OOP regardless of whether I call, min raise or 3x. Although I am calling with the best hand pre flop when I do decide to call (using nash charts), I keep getting sucked on the river a greater percentage of the time. What is the best optimal strategy to counter these kind opponents? Or is variance inevitable when going against such opponents?

Thank you.
      I have 59% heads up win at fulltilt, and 54% at pokerstars in the long run this is clearly winning but after downswing I just can't contunie, I need big bankroll damn :D