Battle of the Donkeys: Score Reset and Restructure Discussion

• SoyCD
      The Battle of the Donkeys is now heading into the 14th week and Team SoyCD has a firm grip on first place. The lead is so extensive by now that it would take next to a miracle for Team Tribun to be able to catch up. For new teams like Donkeys Unleashed it is even harder since they joined late.

It is therefore perhaps about time to start the team rankings anew - so that the battle is once again closer and more exiting (and so that new teams are part of the competition straight from the get-go).

The individual player statistics would all be kept / stored and updated on!! Only the team statistics would be started from scratch.

This would also allow us to change other things in the BOD that might make the event more enjoyable/exiting for the players. Options include having the option of players which buy-in themselves to form fixed teams that they play in every week - or anything else you can think of.

The end of Round 1 is scheduled for the 7th of September (so after Round 15) - and the start of the next round sometime after this.

So please give your feedback, suggestions and ideas!
  • 3 replies
    • justkyle88
      How about we run it each week like we do and have a match for every month so it would b 4 rounds for a match over 1 month.
      And whoeva wins over the whole month gets something?
      In the event of a tie go by best average?
    • lotsoflove
      Yeah i like the idea of restarting this anew.I would buy in to a certain team every week but of course next week comes my 40 day fishing career again and i think this will be my last week for a while.The BOD is a very interesting event and i look forward to particapating in it again around the middle of october(seems alot longer away when i actually say when i will be back).Gl guys and go team Soy in the bod this weekend.Darn just as i was starting to get some strategy points from a platform(fulltilt)i have to go out again could've easily gotten to gold this month.O well that's my life i will have to cross that bridge next month.
    • Cardbender
      What about the idea I had about individual stats after each round receiving $$$$? Non-admin oc :D .

A point system could be developed for placement

<5000 = 1 point
      <2500 = 2 points
      <1000 = 4 points
      <100 = 8 points

you get my drift....

So for every point gained pokerstrategy will give say 2$. The particapant must play at least 50% of the time (8/15) to receive anything.

Also for each round a cool avitar could be made for the individual with the best overall stats. All will see this avitar untill the next champ.

I have more ideas but I'll leave it at that for now....