This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Verifying by Wire transfer

• Necrophagist
      Necrophagist
      Bronze
      I went to my bank to wire a random amount of money to Moneybookers Lmd and was told that I didn't have enough information. I am wiring this money because I want to verify my account, that way I can withdraw/deposit freely.
      I do not have a credit card, or a visa/mastercard debit card.

Moneybookers provided me with the follow info

Account Holder: Moneybookers Ltd
      Bank: Bank of America N.A
      City: London
      IBAN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      Account currency: EUR
      Reference: xxxxxxxxx

I was told that I needed to have the full address Moneybookers Ltd address as well as the full banking address to send the money. I assume that my reference number will be the account number I am sending the money to, but I find this all very confusing.

I have emailed Moneybookers to get their full Account holder address and Bank address.

Is my reference number the account number I am sending the money to?

Are my bank correct about needing both addresses, or should I find another bank?

Any information from someone who has more than me, or someone who went through the same process will be greatly appreciated.
  • 4 replies