Pokerstars - annoying laging!!

• jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Is anyone else experiencing lag issues in the last 3 days or so? I'm starting to get pretty bad lad during my sessions and it's really tilting as my timebank keeps getting activated dues to brief freezing. This never used to happen, it was fine up until about 4 days ago. Anyone know what could be done to resolve this issue?
  • 12 replies
    • Gizillioner
      Gizillioner
      Bronze
      I had that problem today aswell for couple of hours ago. Lost 5 buy ins on sitngo because of it.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I had one problem last night, everyone lagged/disconnected. It was only for 30 seconds or so, had no problems after that.

If the lag is causing you problems and losing you & then I'd suggest you contact their support; maybe there's something they can do for you. It only takes a minute to write a ticket ;)

If you do, keep us updated!
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Well it was more than just 30 seconds yesterday :/ Writing a ticket seems a good idea if problems persist today. Like Gizillioner, it's cost me a few Buy-Ins :(
    • unshpe
      unshpe
      Basic
      Side effects of no competition. [Edited by HollyMichelle - Innapropriate message removed - We get the point, no need to be vulgar - Gary]
    • Gizillioner
      Gizillioner
      Bronze
      I actually got my buy ins that i lost due to disconnection back. Even tho it wasnt their fault, they said that they didnt have any connection problems and that it was my connection that was messed up.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gizillioner
      I actually got my buy ins that i lost due to disconnection back. Even tho it wasnt their fault, they said that they didnt have any connection problems and that it was my connection that was messed up.
      Only good words for PokerStars. It is not a coincidence that they are the largest room in the world.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      In most cases (for me at least) lags on stars are caused by hem2, not stars software.
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      In most cases (for me at least) lags on stars are caused by hem2, not stars software.
      I'm assuming PT might also cause this. How have you got around the problem HEM2 causes you?
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      It's just such a ridiculous resource hog
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Is it only Stars that the HUD seems to lag the tables? Like if i mover to Full-Tilt or Microgaming would i run into the same problem?
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      If the reason for the lag is hem, then yes, it's the same on all sites. Something that improves the lag for me (for me the problem was with the routers between my isp and pokerstars server), you could try putting in constant ping to stars server. To do this:

For Windows Vista and 7:

1) press windows btn + r from your keyboard.

2) type in: cmd

3) In the black window that opens type: ping http://www.pokerstars.com -t then press enter

4) Minimize this window and run the PokerStars software
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyjm
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      I'm assuming PT might also cause this. How have you got around the problem HEM2 causes you?
      buy 16gb ram, you won't have any problems