Hi from Barcelona

• visionvictory
      visionvictory
      Bronze
      Hello, I'm from Spain, but for me English is the language of poker. I started playing while I was in London studying for my BSc in Computer Science, and since then I've read a few books and articles on the subject, always in English, so it's hard for me to think about poker in Spanish.

I haven't played poker since the new Spanish regulation banning Spanish players from international sites, but I've decided I would like to try playing at the new Spanish poker rooms.

I've played mainly Limit poker (a long time ago) and SNGs, so I think it's about time I learned how to play cash No Limit. That's the main reason I'm back at PokerStrategy, to try and make the transition from Limit to No Limit.

I feel I haven't really made the most of what pokerstrategy has to offer in the past, and I hope to change that in the future.

Thanks for making this great website possible.
  • 2 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey VisionVictory,

Good to see you posting again after such a long time!

I've only played Limit a little myself and never got into it too much, I much prefer NL, how come you're making the switch? Are you planning to play this all the time or just as an addition to Limit Poker?

How'd the BSc go, or are you still studying?

If you need a help with anything be sure to give us a shout too ;)
    • visionvictory
      visionvictory
      Bronze
      Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply.

I forgot to mention I'm an old timer, I finished my degree in the 90s. Back then Limit was the most common way for a beginner to get started.

Actually I already made the switch from Limit to SNGs because I realised Limit was going out of fashion. However, some time ago I opened an account in a Spanish Poker room (one that's not on your list, just to test the water), and was shocked to see there was no traffic in the SNGs, it was all 6-max NL.

Since I've hardly played in the last year, I thought it might be a good time to learn cash NL properly from scratch, and thus become a better all-round poker player.