keep it real

• srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      until today i was keeping a personal poker journal on my computer but today i decided to make it public in order i can get feedback from other players.

So ... i am a 23 years student from Romania and i try to enter the 5th year in Electronics University . i have a shity real job (i get payed 300bucks / months) where i work quite a lot of hours .
      I also have a nice girlfriend that keeps me a little busy too but i can manage it
      when I have some free time I like partying , playing and studying poker :) .

about the poker side :
      I usualy play nl100 on ipoker and i started taking some shots at nl200 but i had to cashout 2.5k so i am staying with nl100 atm .
      my goal for the end of the year is to become a nl400 regular . i feel is a reasonable goal if i keep studying the game , watching videos and posting hands witch is crucial in developing as a poker player .
      i will keep you updated with my progress .

as a side note at the moment i am coaching for free two nl10 players . i feel i have a lot to teach them . you can keep track of their progresses here :
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/boards/en/forum/thread.php?threadid=22659
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/boards/en/forum/thread.php?threadid=25761

i will try to post as much as i can about all the things related to my poker journey . until then
      keep it real
  • 14 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Great thing mate.

*thumbs up*
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Why don't you just quit that crapy job, I'm sure you can miss those 300$ a month from your BR? And all those hours working could be better spent playing poker :) Anyways, that's what I did :D (except I got like 150/month)

Good luck!
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i was thinking about this dipy but i am not ready for going pro yet . i still have some strange issues that dont allow me to do this thing . check this thread
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/boards/en/forum/thread.php?threadid=26127
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      hi
      i was thinking about this dipy but i am not ready for going pro yet . i still have some strange issues that dont allow me to do this thing . check this thread
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/boards/en/forum/thread.php?threadid=26127
      If you're still studying,that wouldn't be quite going pro,more like semi pro imo.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      this night i watched a video and played a short session .
      I started thinking how information is crucial in poker . It is very important to take notes everytime you notice something about a player . That notes will value gold when you have to face a situation .
      you can change a decision completly just from a little note you took 2 hours ago about a player .
      It is VERY important to note as much as you can : timing tells , beting paterns , tendencies , overall image and so on . All this notes will lead to good decisions in the future .
      going to watch another video and play another session .
      gl
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      I would also appreciate coach :club: Im NL25 veteran (10k hands :D )
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi talic
      i dont have time to coach another student right now . maybe in the future if a spot will be up
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      I played another session this night .
      things went ok and i was up 2 bi and a half . i feel i folded a lot in places i could try some moves but in the last days i noticed that players dont like to fold . playing straitforwardly makes a lot of money . people just dont like to let go top pair weak kicker and get stacked with every draw .
      just BET BET BET with made hands FTW .
      i will finish a video and going to bad .
      until tomorow ...
      keep it real
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      So ... today my Poker Tracker 3 trial period ended . i have to decide if I will stick with it for the future . i feel it is a good piece of software that helps your game but is realy bugy. It freezes a lot and crushes a lot . very annoying when this happens .
      On the other side I havent tried HEM so i am not sure what to expect but i heard it is much better .
      Have to take a decision ... hehe :)
      I played another session in the morning wining 2 stacks but i feel i played poor without stats . lost some value in a pot with qq against tt and spewed some in some spots where i cleary shouldnt have .
      have to work more and think more before taking a decision .
      gl
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Glad to see you posting here :D
      Our studygroup is currently dead, coaching newbies is a nice effort! :D
      Im "semi-pro" myself, nothing better than that :D
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      this has been a hard day .
      i played 2.2 k taking into consideration that i 4 table thats a lot .
      the day has been a rollercoster for me . up 3 bi . down 2 bi and up 1.5 bi and i finaly quited . from today my number one leak is :
      :spade: TILT :spade: .
      This is where i have to work the most because this is what makes me lose lots of money . i dont tilt to hard because of suckouts of coolers (just when they are a lot ) . Usualy i tilt when i make stupid moves and fancy plays that have no place at nl100 . people are just to STUPID to get fancy with them . Standard 18/16 tag wont fold Aj on j 7896 with a 3 of a colour on when i shove river for over half a stack . players dont like to fold aq when they 3 bet and get 4 beted . People dont like folding pp to 3 bets .
      The main point is PEOPLE DONT LIKE TO FOLD . ! .
      I feel nl 100 on ipoker is soft like shit . if you play just abc poker like nl10 you should be printing money .
      This is where i will concentrate more :
      playing standard poker
      lets keep it real till next time .
      gotta love this game
    • 4A888
      4A888
      Bronze
      Hey srohack, definitely try HEM. If you have any problems setting it up or getting started just skype me. I think i know the program quite good by now.

GL at the tables.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      sory for not updating in the last days but i was very busy .
      i am facing reexaminations and is so hard since i have a lot of exams.
      i am not a too good student ... i dont like my university and didnt gave it the necesary atention. the problem is now i regret it a lot . This is one of the best universitys in my country ( if not the best) . People from all country come to study here and i kinda fucked up . Problem is i dont see my self programming hardware or making soft . Not that i couldnt do it , but i dont like it . When i finish high school i was very good into programing . won a national prize at this object (pascal and c++). However it seems realy geeky now even tough you can win lots of money with it . Dont want to stress this blog with my studies back ground so ... pokerwise ...
      Hmmmm ... pokerwise i think i am running very poorly . today had a horrible session . i went 3 times AI with sets and lost every time . Couldnt win any flip and when i was trying to make a move i was like YEAH SURE TRY AGAIN !
      Maybe i am playing bad or i am stressed because of school . who knows . i will take a short brake and start playing again when my mind is clear .
      until then ...
      let's try to keep it real
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      today i wrote 14 pages at an exam with open books .
      i dont think i will pass it .
      life sux . school sux
      thats all bye