This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

keep it real

• srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      until today i was keeping a personal poker journal on my computer but today i decided to make it public in order i can get feedback from other players.

So ... i am a 23 years student from Romania and i try to enter the 5th year in Electronics University . i have a shity real job (i get payed 300bucks / months) where i work quite a lot of hours .
      I also have a nice girlfriend that keeps me a little busy too but i can manage it
      when I have some free time I like partying , playing and studying poker :) .

about the poker side :
      I usualy play nl100 on ipoker and i started taking some shots at nl200 but i had to cashout 2.5k so i am staying with nl100 atm .
      my goal for the end of the year is to become a nl400 regular . i feel is a reasonable goal if i keep studying the game , watching videos and posting hands witch is crucial in developing as a poker player .
      i will keep you updated with my progress .

as a side note at the moment i am coaching for free two nl10 players . i feel i have a lot to teach them . you can keep track of their progresses here :
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/boards/en/forum/thread.php?threadid=22659
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/boards/en/forum/thread.php?threadid=25761

i will try to post as much as i can about all the things related to my poker journey . until then
      keep it real
  • 14 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Great thing mate.

*thumbs up*
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Why don't you just quit that crapy job, I'm sure you can miss those 300$ a month from your BR? And all those hours working could be better spent playing poker :) Anyways, that's what I did :D (except I got like 150/month)

Good luck!
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i was thinking about this dipy but i am not ready for going pro yet . i still have some strange issues that dont allow me to do this thing . check this thread
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/boards/en/forum/thread.php?threadid=26127
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      hi
      i was thinking about this dipy but i am not ready for going pro yet . i still have some strange issues that dont allow me to do this thing . check this thread
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/boards/en/forum/thread.php?threadid=26127
      If you're still studying,that wouldn't be quite going pro,more like semi pro imo.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      this night i watched a video and played a short session .
      I started thinking how information is crucial in poker . It is very important to take notes everytime you notice something about a player . That notes will value gold when you have to face a situation .
      you can change a decision completly just from a little note you took 2 hours ago about a player .
      It is VERY important to note as much as you can : timing tells , beting paterns , tendencies , overall image and so on . All this notes will lead to good decisions in the future .
      going to watch another video and play another session .
      gl
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      I would also appreciate coach :club: Im NL25 veteran (10k hands :D )
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi talic
      i dont have time to coach another student right now . maybe in the future if a spot will be up
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      I played another session this night .
      things went ok and i was up 2 bi and a half . i feel i folded a lot in places i could try some moves but in the last days i noticed that players dont like to fold . playing straitforwardly makes a lot of money . people just dont like to let go top pair weak kicker and get stacked with every draw .
      just BET BET BET with made hands FTW .
      i will finish a video and going to bad .
      until tomorow ...
      keep it real
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      So ... today my Poker Tracker 3 trial period ended . i have to decide if I will stick with it for the future . i feel it is a good piece of software that helps your game but is realy bugy. It freezes a lot and crushes a lot . very annoying when this happens .
      On the other side I havent tried HEM so i am not sure what to expect but i heard it is much better .
      Have to take a decision ... hehe :)
      I played another session in the morning wining 2 stacks but i feel i played poor without stats . lost some value in a pot with qq against tt and spewed some in some spots where i cleary shouldnt have .
      have to work more and think more before taking a decision .
      gl
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Glad to see you posting here :D
      Our studygroup is currently dead, coaching newbies is a nice effort! :D
      Im "semi-pro" myself, nothing better than that :D
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      this has been a hard day .
      i played 2.2 k taking into consideration that i 4 table thats a lot .
      the day has been a rollercoster for me . up 3 bi . down 2 bi and up 1.5 bi and i finaly quited . from today my number one leak is :
      :spade: TILT :spade: .
      This is where i have to work the most because this is what makes me lose lots of money . i dont tilt to hard because of suckouts of coolers (just when they are a lot ) . Usualy i tilt when i make stupid moves and fancy plays that have no place at nl100 . people are just to STUPID to get fancy with them . Standard 18/16 tag wont fold Aj on j 7896 with a 3 of a colour on when i shove river for over half a stack . players dont like to fold aq when they 3 bet and get 4 beted . People dont like folding pp to 3 bets .
      The main point is PEOPLE DONT LIKE TO FOLD . ! .
      I feel nl 100 on ipoker is soft like shit . if you play just abc poker like nl10 you should be printing money .
      This is where i will concentrate more :
      playing standard poker
      lets keep it real till next time .
      gotta love this game
    • 4A888
      4A888
      Bronze
      Hey srohack, definitely try HEM. If you have any problems setting it up or getting started just skype me. I think i know the program quite good by now.

GL at the tables.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      sory for not updating in the last days but i was very busy .
      i am facing reexaminations and is so hard since i have a lot of exams.
      i am not a too good student ... i dont like my university and didnt gave it the necesary atention. the problem is now i regret it a lot . This is one of the best universitys in my country ( if not the best) . People from all country come to study here and i kinda fucked up . Problem is i dont see my self programming hardware or making soft . Not that i couldnt do it , but i dont like it . When i finish high school i was very good into programing . won a national prize at this object (pascal and c++). However it seems realy geeky now even tough you can win lots of money with it . Dont want to stress this blog with my studies back ground so ... pokerwise ...
      Hmmmm ... pokerwise i think i am running very poorly . today had a horrible session . i went 3 times AI with sets and lost every time . Couldnt win any flip and when i was trying to make a move i was like YEAH SURE TRY AGAIN !
      Maybe i am playing bad or i am stressed because of school . who knows . i will take a short brake and start playing again when my mind is clear .
      until then ...
      let's try to keep it real
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      today i wrote 14 pages at an exam with open books .
      i dont think i will pass it .
      life sux . school sux
      thats all bye