Dust1

• Dust1
      Dust1
      Bronze
      Hi.

I'm not new to poker, though I know I'm not the best player in the world, I am always looking for ways to improve my game. I consider myself as having had a good day if I win a little and an average day if I break even or only lose a little.

The only Poker Site I play on at the moment is Full Tilt Poker. Mostly I play NL and FL Hold em' Tournaments, micro stakes. The occasional Stud/Razz and Omaha too, though I consider FL Hold em' my strongest game, and NL Hold em' second strongest.

Very rare to find me at the cash tables, but thats mostly because it's rare for there to be a good FL Hold em' cash game going on. and NL Hold em' cash games and me is a recipe for disaster.

Anyway, onto the lessons I guess.

Homework 1:

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I'm in it for the money.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

NL Hold em' Cash games.
      Playing 20-30bb stacks in tournaments, less and more I'm fairly comfortable with, but this band is awkward

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Choosing to play a small percentage of hands and then betting and raising with those hands when they hit, or when you can make your opponents think they've hit.
  • 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi Dust1

Since this is your first post, Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

I'm really glad to see you starting with the Beginner's course.

Smart move!

Be sure to browse around the site to see what else is available.
      Especially important is the free poker money:

Follow the instructions, and in most cases you'll have some $ to get started with.

Best of luck!
      --VS
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dust1
      Hi.

I'm not new to poker, though I know I'm not the best player in the world, I am always looking for ways to improve my game. I consider myself as having had a good day if I win a little and an average day if I break even or only lose a little.

The only Poker Site I play on at the moment is Full Tilt Poker. Mostly I play NL and FL Hold em' Tournaments, micro stakes. The occasional Stud/Razz and Omaha too, though I consider FL Hold em' my strongest game, and NL Hold em' second strongest.

Very rare to find me at the cash tables, but thats mostly because it's rare for there to be a good FL Hold em' cash game going on. and NL Hold em' cash games and me is a recipe for disaster.

Anyway, onto the lessons I guess.

Homework 1:

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I'm in it for the money.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

NL Hold em' Cash games.
      Playing 20-30bb stacks in tournaments, less and more I'm fairly comfortable with, but this band is awkward

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Choosing to play a small percentage of hands and then betting and raising with those hands when they hit, or when you can make your opponents think they've hit.
      Hello Dust,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Homework #1 is now officially complete.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan