[NL2-NL10] Nl30-Jj

• Killerius
      Killerius
      Bronze
      0,15/0,3 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:spade: , J:heart:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0,30, Hero raises to $1,50, 2 folds, SB calls $1,35, BB folds, MP2 calls $1,20.

Flop: ($4,80) 4:diamond: , 6:spade: , A:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($4,80) 7:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $2,10, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $6,90

Should i push at flop?
  • 7 replies
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      usually fishes love playing any ace, but since u dont have stats, the flop has two suits and they both checked to u - u can definitely shove this flop.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      both have checked to you and show weakness unless they are slowplaying Ax.
      Shove on flop after they have checked to you, but it also depends on how many players are checking to you, 2 is fine but I think anymore than 2 just play c/f.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yes, push would be correct move. You even can make someone with "A" fold who has it with low kicker. Lets see what judges advice.
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      definitely push this flop.

at best you can make a low ace fold, your preflop raise makes people think you are holding a high ace in most cases. so alot of the time people who have called with A2-AT may fold.

you still have fold equity. and with it being checked to you, i wouldnt mind betting both of these players have either a low/mid pocket pair(2's-8's) or king/queen high.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi Killerius,

you can shove the flop depending on your stack size. I don't think you have any fold equity against any ace. Semesa it makes no sense that they call an small ace preflop and then fold on an Ahigh board..

Best Regards

Ysessa
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      alot of things donks do make no sense... this is merely in my experience.

from what i understand, this is what the regular donk thinks:

oh he raised but i have an ace which i really wanna play, i have already limped so i guess i can call this.

flop comes out with an ace.

oh, i hit my ace, but if he missed he wont bet, if he hits his card he will bet and ill be able to get more moneyz

*insert turn bet(in my experience its usually a flop contibet) here*

oh... damn, i think he probably has the ace too coz he wouldnt bet otherwise, i dont wanna lose too much money so i think i will fold.
    • Marky84
      Marky84
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Semesa
      ...what the regular donk thinks:...
      that's the point, a donk does not think :D