Leakbuster App

• FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      Been looking into this and have downloaded the free trial but its very limited, is it worth investing in the full package? Any players that have it I would appreciate any feedback you can give me and let me know if it has improved your game.

Thanks

Sunny
  • 10 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi FatSunny,
      when I got the free trial, I had too few hands for it to be worthwhile.

It only told me that I needed to 3Bet more from SB.

Now that I have a whack-and-a-half of hands, it might make a difference, but I've already blown the free trial.

I would suggest using it to its fullest then deciding right at the end.

You say it is "very limited". What doesn't it do that you expected it to do?

Cheers,
      --VS
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I have Leakbuster and have used it quite a bit. I still run it after every session just to keep tabs on any stats that start getting out of whack, or any new leaks that pop up. But like you mentioned, they do recommend a 50k hand sample for a more accurate analysis.

The trial, only does analysis on a few stats, and most of the written/video training content that is meant to help you fix the leaks you are displaying is locked in the trial version. And i think only a couple of the Steps of the leak finding process are unlocked.

It has definitely helped me quite a bit, i started out in cash games not really knowing much, so i had a lot to work on, but i have watched some of the Workshop/Seminar type videos that are in the "Members Area"and i think there are some filters in there that even high stake players would get use out of.

There are a couple vids on youtube called "Why Leakbuster" that give a pretty good overview of some of the stuff it can do.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I have it, full version and i actually doesn't use it much....i think it is to general.

I spent money for coaching and few session can give you 10 times more than leak Buster.

The problem in Leak Buster is that it is very general. So it does not take in account situation by situation. And we saw here many guys with decent stats still not able to make profit.

Well of course any information is good, but is difficult to make your game better with information like like 3bet more on SB. Well maybe LeakBuster found a problem but how to apply this 3betting in your game?

-What opponents are good to 3bet bluff?
      -What opponents are bad target for 3bet bluffing thus it is better to flat or fold.
      -What is our 3bet bluff range?
      -Why do we 3bet bluff

and so many more important questions where we dont find answer through leakBuster.

There are so many question and those are much more important than just something we want to do because LeakBuster said so.

Also LeakBuster do assumption but sometimes we have some stats different and maybe we are doing right thing. By trying then to make changes in our game because leakbuster wants to and we want to have better LeakBuster report....

So i think that haveing Leakbuster is far not enough to find problems in our game. And sometimes we got there information on our play that can makes things even worse than they were before.

But still.....
      It analyses game in many aspects. Analyses profits at difficult spots, with different types of hands. I mean it is a tool which give us some information about our play. But it is very important that we make our own conclusions. Id we want to have it just for an opinion and if it says we 4bet bluff to little and this will become very costly through time....we dont need to fire 4bet bluff at any point just because LeakBuster said so. We get there an opportunity to start studying 4bet bluffing....

well i complicated things to much i think but i hope you understand what i want to say.

Now i have to make scan on my DataBase with leakBuster to see how is my game lol.
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      Thank you all for the replies, just one question if i do buy it do i have it for good or do i have to renew it again at a later date?
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Yes, once you buy it you have it for good. :)

Regards,
      Tino
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I just have the small stakes version which is good up to 50nl, But the pro version is unlimited. so i think that is the only situation where it may cost more, is if you had to upgrade to the Pro version.
    • FatSunny
      FatSunny
      Bronze
      Thanks again guys
    • TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      Does it work with SnGs as well, or no?
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey TimoDee,

No, unfortunately LeakBuster does not work for any type of tournaments, whether they're normal SNGs or MTTs. It only works for cash games.

:(

Regards,
      Tino
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I know Ace Poker Solutions that makes Leakbuster, Ace Poker Drills, etc. Has some type of SNG program called SNG Booster, but i really don't know much about it. I own a few of their products, but don't really play tourneys anymore, so haven't really looked at it.