SB & BB Winning rate.

• Mon3yMaChin3
      Mon3yMaChin3
      Bronze
      Hello every1.
      I play nl5 zoom have one problem as many of other i think.
      I'm winner from evry position except SB and BB,what need to do to improve my game from Blind's.What is best way to analysis my game in review from blind?
  • 8 replies
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I took a little break from poker, and just started back up last month. but my winrate from the blinds was pretty bad, so was one of the things i wanted to try and improve on.

I am doing pretty good right now with -20.99/100 in the SB, and - 18.39 in the BB. but it is not a huge sample, and is mostly just due to not playing a ton of hands from the blinds.

I've been trying to watch some vids, and books,articles, etc on blind play just to try and start defending a bit more. But i think most micro players initially play too many hands OOP.

Maybe post your stats from the blinds?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Losing from the blinds is inevitable. Post your winrate from BB and SB too see if it's too much loss.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ProfitsofDoom

I am doing pretty good right now with -20.99/100 in the SB, and - 18.39 in the BB. but it is not a huge sample, and is mostly just due to not playing a ton of hands from the blinds.

It is quite a small sample i guess....i think it is impossible to maintain such winrate on blinds since you loose less on BB than on SB.....this is i guess impossible in long run
    • ChangNoi77
      ChangNoi77
      Bronze
      I think the common wisdom is that you're loss rate from the blinds shouldn't be larger than -60bb/100.

It is also said by many good players that it is actually harder to get a good win rate at the micros due to the fact you can't force as many folds.

You may have more efficient success trying to maximise your LP winrates.

But one thing I found which is commonly known is that I was cold calling from the SB slightly too much.

Run some filters by hand groupings and see which you are losing with. even go through individual hands if you have to and see what is profitable for you.

One example I found from EP was that ATs was profitable from EP for me in 5NL Fr Zoom, yet 22-66 were not, this may be the other way around for different players. See what is working for you.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Originally posted by Alan883
      Originally posted by ProfitsofDoom

It is quite a small sample i guess....i think it is impossible to maintain such winrate on blinds since you loose less on BB than on SB.....this is i guess impossible in long run
      Ya, that's only 11k hands since i started up again.
    • everyoneissolid
      everyoneissolid
      Gold
      you should be aware of the fact that you are losing -50bb/100 from the SB and -100bb/100 from the BB if you would fold every single hand.

there are some sickos on higherstakes who are playing around breakeven from the blinds but that are exceptions.

I think you are playing quite okay if you are not losing more then -20bb/100 from the SB and -40bb/100 from the BB
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      my SB is still doing pretty good @ -14/100bb, but BB is starting to get a bit high @ -38/100bb.
    • thirit2
      thirit2
      Basic
      You can improve how to play from sb/bb but you will still be losing from those positions.