Account situation

• nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Hi, got a bit of a situation here.

I want to move my roll to Pokerstars to start playing Zoom. I have an existing account at Stars from several years ago (about 4 years I think).

Questions are:

1) Can I get the existing account tracked to PokerStrategy?

2) If not, can I realistically create a brand new account at Stars and get that one tracked?

I only ask question 2) because:
      - I have changed postal addresses and email addresses several times since then
      - The account has been inactive for so long

Thanks in advance for your help

edit: note to self - read FAQ first.
      However I still think it might be possible to make a new account given the time delay of several years so would still like a response. Thanks
  • 34 replies
    • satishvasoya
      satishvasoya
      Bronze
      1) unfortunately no. retracking isnt done.

2)unfortunately no again...you could give it a shot explaining things to stars but the chances are slim.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey nooni2k,

Unfortunately Re-tracking previous accounts to PokerStrategy.com is not allowed. Likewise, the creation of multiple accounts with the intention to track to us, is also not allowed at any time.

Multi-accounting for the purpose of tracking can be seen as fraud by the Poker Rooms and could lead to confiscation of funds and account suspension/deletion.

We encourage our members to play everything by the book and we especially do not encourage any rule breaking.

You can always contact PokerStars Support if you require further details.
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Thanks satishvasoya & Matt

I will give it a try with Stars support and post response in this thread for reference of others.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I had the very old Inactive account and i was able to make new one. I don't remember if i have ever played for real money in that older account and it was several years ago. But in my case they closed the old one and i was able to create new one tracked by pokerstrategy.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by Alan883
      I had the very old Inactive account and i was able to make new one. I don't remember if i have ever played for real money in that older account and it was several years ago. But in my case they closed the old one and i was able to create new one tracked by pokerstrategy.
      A very rare occurance there Alan883!
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle

Yeah i know,

i have never heard about anyone whit that success except me :f_biggrin:
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Alan, I am very jealous!

I won't post the entire discussion but here are some useful quotes:

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for contacting us and welcome back to PokerStars.

Unfortunately it is not possible to delete an existing account to open a
      new one but we are able to help you to regain the access to your old
      account.

However, we have located an account registered in your name. Since this account has associated real money history, for security reasons, we
      need to ask you some questions to verify you as the owner of the account.

Please advise the following:

1. The last 4 digits of the account number for the primary deposit
      method
      used to fund your PokerStars account?
      2. The last time you logged-in to PokerStars?
      3. The approximate funds balance in your PokerStars account?
      4. The registration date (year/month) of your PokerStars account?
      5. The User IDs of any players who have transferred money to your
      PokerStars account in the past?
      6. A telephone number in case we need to contact you.

They then said:

Unfortunately, your PokerStars account is not linked to PokerStrategy and therefore you are not eligible to receive any associated benefits with this site.

Please also note that we are unable to retroactively link your account to this site. In order to be tracked to PokerStrategy, you would have to have registered your account with PokerStars through one of the links or banners available on PokerStrategy's website.

Moreover, it is not possible to close your existing account and allow you to open a new one in order to be tracked to PokerStrategy.
      Pretty tilting actually. Bah nevermind.

You were very lucky Alan883! I suspect it was the case that you had no "associated real money history" on your old account, therefore they had never gone through the process of verifying and security-checking it. Or something along those lines anyway.

Can't Pokerstrategy do anything about this?

:f_frown:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey Matthew,

Your case is consistent with many hundreds of thousands of PokerStrategists throughout the years. Many people found PokerStars before they joined PokerStrategy.com like yourself.

It would make zero business sense for PokerStars to allow players retrack their existing accounts to affiliates like PokerStrategy.com

Why? Simple! Money!

For every player PokerStrategy (or any other affiliate for that matter) send to a poker room, they get a certain % of the players rake in return. If the player does not sign up through an affiliate the poker room would get 100% of their rake.

So, it wouldn't make any sense as you can see.

You can check out our business model for futher understanding.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Hi Holly

Yeah that makes perfect sense. However it is possible that some players with inactive accounts (such as mine was) might not play at Poker Stars ever again had they not found PokerStrategy.com.

Thus there should be some wiggle room for people with older, inactive accounts perhaps?

I'm just trying to provide some ammunition for someone at PokerStrategy to take to PokerStars! You guys could earn extra money....Stars could reactivate some dormant accounts ...everyone wins =)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      I appreciate your enthusiasm but if I remember correctly pretty much every avenue has been attempted.

PokerStars have made their stance clear and it is not likely to change in the near future.
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Boo!

Oh well

Worth a try. Thanks anyway.

Oh and my bad for calling you Holly, Gary :rolleyes:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Absolutely - everything is worth a try :)

No problem, I've been called a lot worse in my time :D

Have a nice day!
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Silver
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Originally posted by Alan883
      happened to me also. infact that very old account was tracked to my very old pokerstrategy account. was inactive on both, never got my first 50$.. forogt about it.. a few years later i found pokerstrategy again and pokerstars. ive been playing tracked ever since
    • apostolul
      apostolul
      Bronze
      you resolved that?
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Phgrinder
      happened to me also. infact that very old account was tracked to my very old pokerstrategy account. was inactive on both, never got my first 50$.. forogt about it.. a few years later i found pokerstrategy again and pokerstars. ive been playing tracked ever since
      Are you saying you created a new account and got it tracked? Or that you simply reactivated an old account that was already linked to Pokerstrategy? If the latter then, well, I don't see how that's relevant here :/
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Silver
      i made a new account on both pokerstrategy and pokerstars with an honest mistake that i forgot that i had an old account with both sites.

Pokerstrategy never came after me so did pokerstars. maybe its because i never played real money on the old account.

i think its safer to do this on with stars. you can always create a new account, grind some nl2. ask if your tracked to PS and they might forget about your old account
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

i think its safer to do this on with stars. you can always create a new account, grind some nl2. ask if your tracked to PS and they might forget about your old account
      Just a reminder, it is never a good idea to deliberately create a second account on any poker room, because this is effectively always against their terms and conditions, and may result in all account being blocked.

If you already have an account at a poker room that can't get tracked anymore, it's better to make a new account at a different poker room if you do in fact want to get tracked.

So that's something to keep in mind!
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Fair comment TinoLaan but I have limited options if I want to play fast-fold poker

:diamond: Zoom @ Stars - I already have an old accout
      :diamond: Rush @ Full Tilt - I already have an old account
      :diamond: Blaze @ Microgaming - nobody plays it (literally nobody on the Blaze table)
      :diamond: Speed @ iPoker - horrible network, not going near it

Unless you have any other suggestions?
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      i have a suggestion

Forget about being tracked!