$30,74
      MP3:
      $58,20
      CO:
      $25,00
      BU:
      $21,75

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , A:heart:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3,00, BB folds, MP3 calls $2,25.

Flop: ($6,25) J:club: , K:spade: , A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5,00, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: $11,25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, aces (As Ah)

Hero wins with three of a kind, aces (As Ah)

can I actually think about 1/2 pot betting or even slowplay (on this board)
  • 7 replies
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      You cannot slowplay on such a flop. You must protect your hand against flush draw and straight draw. 1/2-pot size bet gives your opponent good odds.

What would you do if a club hit the turn or even better if ten or queen hit the turn?

Size of your bet was correct.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Michailewic
      You cannot slowplay on such a flop. You must protect your hand against flush draw and straight draw. 1/2-pot size bet gives your opponent good odds.

What would you do if a club hit the turn or even better if ten or queen hit the turn?

one answer: c/c, if he bets more c/f
    • Roxylein
      Roxylein
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Michailewic

What kinda draw would be possible after that preflop action?
      KcQc is the only hand u'd have to be afraid of n' thats it actually. no other hands would have called a pfr 3-bet.
      soooooo lets say the flop is pretty drawy ... yes.. but not dangerous at all.
      i'd go with a c/r flop or bet turn n' river if he doesnt bet flop
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      villain is in position and probably quite loose, so his range is pretty wide, making lots of draws possible.

also, I would try to build the pot, and I think a normal cbet is best for this.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Bet out on the flop. MP3 is very loose (vpip 65) and aggressive (af 3), He´ll call or raise a lot of hands here and if he is drawing then you can safely bet strong again on the turn.
      Nh
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      There is no reason to slowplay. If you slowplay then you should create action from hands that wouldn't give you action if you bet yourself. In this case: What hand should give you action that wouldn't give you action if you bet yourself?
      There is none. Either he has something or not. If he has some kind of draw and you give away a free card, you might get action, but then you are beat by most hands that wouldn't have give you action on the flop anyway. This is a very good example for a case where you should never slowplay, because you achieve nothing with it. Bet/bet/bet is the only way to play this hand.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      There is no reason to slowplay. If you slowplay then you should create action from hands that wouldn't give you action if you bet yourself. In this case: What hand should give you action that wouldn't give you action if you bet yourself?
      There is none. Either he has something or not. If he has some kind of draw and you give away a free card, you might get action, but then you are beat by most hands that wouldn't have give you action on the flop anyway. This is a very good example for a case where you should never slowplay, because you achieve nothing with it. Bet/bet/bet is the only way to play this hand.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
      thanks TribunCeasar, you're all so kind to me, and I'm still loosing and loosing :(