UKIPT galway festival.. whos going?

• 19 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I'm supposed to be saving as much as pos this year.

Lots of appetizing events...

It's across my birthday too...

LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!

:s_evil:
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Well if u run good there u get saving for whole year or more :) so u will think about that? What city u live in btw.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RobertDaPro
      Well if u run good there u get saving for whole year or more :) so u will think about that? What city u live in btw.
      I'm pretty much as south as you can get... South of England I mean. :D

Plane is dirt cheap though.
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Yeah there should be dozens of different flight options everyday between UK and IRE. So make up your mind and lets join up and go there :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Have thought alot about this but it's not feasable for me this year. It's literally an hour up the road from me but I will have to pass this year!
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Have thought alot about this but it's not feasable for me this year. It's literally an hour up the road from me but I will have to pass this year!
      Hi Gary,

How can u pass on a biggest festival in Europe + its taking place near u. Not even few events?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Gary,

How can u pass on a biggest festival in Europe + its taking place near u. Not even few events?
      Very easily actually - my wife just gave birth to my second daughter and I wouldn't feel right leaving her with a new born and a toddler :)

Also, I cannot really afford the events and I have about 15 hours live poker experience in my lifetime! Oh yeah and I'm a big fish :D

Hope you ship something and have a great time!
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Ok Gary you are excused! Gratz on daughter birth!

Anyone else?
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Mmmm.....

End of July could be too soon. I might make an appearance in August though!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Ok Gary you are excused! Gratz on daughter birth!

Anyone else?
      Thank you!
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      i really really want to go to this but money is tight.

I even thought about driving and then just sleeping in the car, highroller style I know. It is gona hurt so much to miss this as it looks soooo good.

I will make sure I have a big bankroll and a lot of free time to make this event next year though.
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      This type festival has not been taking place any other year.

What makes u guys think that there will be same next year? Ofc. If they do really well there, but for that we should get big attentance or am I missing out on some information here?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Well Galway is super busy at that time of year as well because of the Galway Horse Racing Festival. So there should be plenty of gamblers around the area (thus increasing attendances imo)

On top of that, Galway is a very strong tourist area, very accessible from all parts of this country (which cannot be said for alot of other cities/places) so I really would be surprised that it did not work out.
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      I am sure that it will work out, but will it be that good.. until they have not announced that it will be yearly event I would not count on it.

Really no-one from here going?
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Getting close.. starting in 3 days so i must bump this in last hope! Anyone at all?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Hi Gary,

Very easily actually - my wife just gave birth to my second daughter and I wouldn't feel right leaving her with a new born and a toddler :)

Also, I cannot really afford the events and I have about 15 hours live poker experience in my lifetime! Oh yeah and I'm a big fish :D
      Clearly you haven't been paying attention to +EV comics
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Hi Gary,

Clearly you haven't been paying attention to +EV comics
      :D

Oh I don't miss out on my daily +EV fix ;)

I also have a friend getting married in the middle of the festival so it's a complete washout for me this year :(
    • Crustacean
      Crustacean
      Black
      Getting close.. starting in 3 days so i must bump this in last hope! Anyone at all?
      ill be there from thursday until the end.
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      and i almost give up.. my plan was to go for first 5 days.. now i am thinking to try sattelite into ME, but this will be long shot for me i guess. I still can not rest my head with the fact if i should miss the whole thing. Anyway of contacting u if i should get there?
      Ill send request to you.