This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 freeplay call river overbet 3 flush board.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $24.15
      BTN: $25.22
      SB: $33.15
      Hero (BB): $4.65
      UTG: $27.58
      UTG+1: $5.55
      MP1: $29.36
      MP2: $24.40

Pre-Flop: J:heart: Q:heart: dealt to Hero (BB)
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, CO calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.85) 6:diamond: 7:spade: J:diamond: (3 Players)
      Hero bets $0.75, UTG+1 calls $0.75, CO folds

Turn: ($2.35) 4:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

River: ($2.35) 4:spade: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $4.55 and is All-In, Hero calls $3.65 and is All-In

I played this hand with a friend watching who convinced me that the openlimper in this situation will probably bluff me enough to make a call profitable.

However i am not sure if the size of his bet represents a bluff or not. Maybe some kind of odd slowplay checking turn and pushing river?

In any case, if i don't want to play c/f should i blockbet river? I could just be losing more money than i should by doing that rather keeping the pot small.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Maybe conti bet on turn as well but I am not sure if you even should bet with such hand. I guess the best would be if you just check/fold in such situations. Lets see what judges advice.
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      i would probably check/fold this on the flop. no reason to get too involved in a hand you didnt VP$IP. and UTG+1's limp range on that limit probably includes KJ.

as played though, defenately fold the river. 3 flush board, paired board, and a potential straight.

villian had a flush i think
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi DaPhunk,

when you bet the flop you should also bet the turn. I would bet the turn 1,75$ and fold to a raise. On the river you have to play check call then because you gave him the option to bluff. I don't like to loose the initiative in this hand so bet the turn.

Best Regards

Ysessa