[NL2-NL10] NL25 freeplay call river overbet 3 flush board.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $24.15
      BTN: $25.22
      SB: $33.15
      Hero (BB): $4.65
      UTG: $27.58
      UTG+1: $5.55
      MP1: $29.36
      MP2: $24.40

Pre-Flop: J:heart: Q:heart: dealt to Hero (BB)
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, CO calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.85) 6:diamond: 7:spade: J:diamond: (3 Players)
      Hero bets $0.75, UTG+1 calls $0.75, CO folds

Turn: ($2.35) 4:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

River: ($2.35) 4:spade: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $4.55 and is All-In, Hero calls $3.65 and is All-In

I played this hand with a friend watching who convinced me that the openlimper in this situation will probably bluff me enough to make a call profitable.

However i am not sure if the size of his bet represents a bluff or not. Maybe some kind of odd slowplay checking turn and pushing river?

In any case, if i don't want to play c/f should i blockbet river? I could just be losing more money than i should by doing that rather keeping the pot small.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Maybe conti bet on turn as well but I am not sure if you even should bet with such hand. I guess the best would be if you just check/fold in such situations. Lets see what judges advice.
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      i would probably check/fold this on the flop. no reason to get too involved in a hand you didnt VP$IP. and UTG+1's limp range on that limit probably includes KJ.

as played though, defenately fold the river. 3 flush board, paired board, and a potential straight.

villian had a flush i think
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi DaPhunk,

when you bet the flop you should also bet the turn. I would bet the turn 1,75$ and fold to a raise. On the river you have to play check call then because you gave him the option to bluff. I don't like to loose the initiative in this hand so bet the turn.

Best Regards

Ysessa