"Like/Love" posts made by members

• NewwWorld

Not sure if some1 told this aleady so sorry if they did, but gonna ask anyway

Is there an option that people can Like a comment made by the members? Just like peop[le on FB can like a message/statusupdate w/e.

Not sure about like Patent of FB for the like button. But anything could work. On another forum they use a :heart: instead of the Like/Thumbs up button.

I guues we could think of any sign, maybe a 'small lamp' that gives you an AHA feeling or w/e

or uhm a star or w/e.

It really motivates people to make good structered posts, because everybody likes to get acknowledged for that (everybody likes a compliment..) . And everybody could do it back to each other etc and u get much better posts.

If that works out, you could also make like a top list of people who get the most Likes/Loves w/e. Just that the community sees who are top posters on this forum. And maybe eventuelly you could give people some prizes (Stategy points, or some HH's reviewed by some of the pro's coaches of PS, or maybe small vid review of a member and then that vid gets posted as a stat vid to watch for very low levels or w/e). There are just lots of possibilities.

Hope this could be considered, i believe it will really improve the quality of the forum and her players!
  • 4 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Well, there is in a way.

At the very bottom centre of the screen when reading a post there is "rate this thread" box with 10 selectable buttons.

Pick the one you want.

The effect is that in the forum, the average rating shows up as a number of "thumbs up" in the rating column.

Is that what you had in mind?

Note: I just tried it on this thread.
      I gave it a "10" of course :coolface:

It does not show up (yet) on the board.
      Also, having made my selection it appears that I can't change my mind.

Best of luck,
    • NewwWorld
      "Note: I just tried it on this thread.
      I gave it a "10" of course "

Made me LOL :D that smiley ghehe.

Well, really it isn't the same imo. Rating a thread or being ablte to like/love someones individual posts really isn't the same at all...

Could you or sme1 from PS tell why we shouldn't do this :) ?
      I think the idea has lots of benefits as i said.

P.S., can i still make a poll here, or do i have to start new thread then? Or could a mod or so make a Poll with the question/staements

"It would be a nice to be able to "Like/Love" indivdual posts made my our fellow forummembers"

1: Yes
      2: No
      3: meh w/e i don't really care
    • TinoLaan
      I think it's a great idea actually :)

Like you said, it might motivate people to make better posts, which could result in the community being even better than it is right now in general!

So I support this idea :f_thumbsup:
      Hey NewwWorld!

Many thanks for this suggestion. I think something similar has cropped up in the past actually but I maybe wrong!

I am not sure what changes/if any will be implemented by our IT hereos. However, I will be sure to pass your feedback onto them for consideration!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend guys and keep these fantastic ideas coming, please :)