Fishy Zoom At NL10

• SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome to my humble blog!

:club: About me :club:
      I am 25 years of age and live in a lovely city called Aarhus in little Denmark.
      I am going to start at the university where I will be studying Economics. I am going to start in 2 months and am really really excited!

I love being active and working out, but sometimes I like computer games and poker a little too much. :f_wink:
      I have mostly played Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 1+2 which actually led me to PS.com when this fine site sponsored a Starcraft tournament called Team Liquid Star League back in 2009. Since then I have mostly been lurking but have been using the hand evaluation a few times which has been really beneficial.
      I have a guilty pleasure of playing some old school World of Warcraft on a private server that is set to the old Burning Crusade expansion. Embarrassing I know. :f_rolleyes: But that isn’t my only guilty pleasure. I like listening to K-pop, Avril Lavigne and even Taylor Swift!
      (yes I am a guy and no I don’t look too good right about now).

:heart: Why Poker? :heart:
      Around 6 years ago I often feel asleep watching poker on the television. I didn’t even know the rules at first, but I just loved watching the personalities caring so much for a card game and somehow I just couldn’t stop watching. I especially liked Mike Matusow who always makes me giggle. Btw did you see the US Heads Up Poker Championship this year?
      The finals were so fun to watch. Mike and Hellmuth together at a final table and you just know it’s going to be great tv! *POPCORN*
      I have had a hard time keeping up the grinding earlier, but this time I want to improve and at some point in the distant future hit the mid stakes! I know I can do it! I just have to keep playing and learning more about this great game that I like so much.

:diamond: Me As A Poker Player :diamond:
      I would describe myself as a TAG player, but a very conservative one. I very rarely rage but I often laugh and I have never busted my bankroll and to be honest I don’t think I have ever tilted! I have read a lot of articles, a few books and watched a few videos but my problem has always been to put in the volume it takes to get better.
      In Starcraft I also too often watched replays and analyzed my play instead of actually playing enough to reach the top. So I have to work on that. :f_p:

:spade: Why Start A Blog :spade:
      To keep myself motivated and to keep on improving.
      To get inputs and keep track of my game and my results. I already write down notes, so I might as well do it publicly. :f_biggrin:
      To hopefully inspire someone down along the line, just like I have been inspired and motivated to play by reading some of the other great blogs on PS.com.

:club: BRM :club:
      I will be taking 3 BI shots when I have 25 BI’s for the next limit. I will stick to this:
      NL2 40-125
      NL5 100-250 (25 BI’s) 100 (20) = down
      NL10 220-625 (25 BI’s) 220 (22) = down
      NL25 550-1500 (25 BI’s) 550 (22) = down

:heart: BR Today (30/6-13) :heart:
      247,5$

:diamond: July Goals :diamond:
      - Buy HEM2
      - Post 20 hands for evaluation
      - Play 20k hands
      - Stick to my BRM rules

:spade: So It Begins :spade:
      I started playing after a long break the first of June. I Started playing NL10SH as I pretty much broke even last time I played this limit. I started playing zoom for the first time and didn’t do too well. :P Down 9 BI’s and had to go down a limit.
      Since then I have this sweet ass graph to show for NL5SH Zoom :f_cool: :

Thanks for reading. Now it’s time to hit the tables! :f_biggrin:
  • 29 replies
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      I love playing on stars ESPECIALLY because I can use hotkeys on that platform. It makes the game so much more pleasent when playing for long periods. BUT when you aren't that used to it yet, there can be downsides. :f_ugly: :

Last session a shortie goes allin preflop without any action before him and I sit in my chair laughing with joy. I then proceed to give him a note so that I know he sometimes does this.
      I type "Allin pre without any aCtion"

DOOH! :f_o: I am now allin with K2o and lose the pot. Who is laughing now? :f_rolleyes:

Note to self: Remember to turn off hotkeys when making notes. :f_p:
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      Just had a great 1,5 hour session!

Kept on going for my shot on NL 10 and it ended like this:

Hopefully I can keep playing well (and a little ahead of EV :f_p: ) and stay here where I feel like I belong. :f_biggrin:

Seemed like there were quite a lot of fish which I didn't expect at 10.30-12.00 CET. So perhaps it doesn't matter THAT much when you play? Or probably it's just the summer vacation that has set in. :f_eek:

Now it's time to put on the running shoes and win a little running session aswell. :f_cool:

Status for July:
      - Buy HEM2 0/1
      - Post 20 hands for evaluation 0/20
      - Play 20k hands 661/20k
      - Stick to my BRM rules 1/1
      - BR 270 $
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hi SillySaurus!

Nice blog so far, keep it up! Looks like you have some good goals set up for yourself. Hopefully you'll be able to achieve all of them!

I can definitely recommend getting HEM2 as soon as possible. Have you used a different tracking software before, like PokerTracker? Or have you been playing with a HUD/tracking software at all?

If you have been playing without a HUD, then congrats on some really nice looking graphs! I'm sure that with a HUD though, you'll be able to win even more! Now who doesn't want that :f_cool:

Also

Who is laughing now?
      I am, because I have to say that was pretty hilarious! :D

Would've been even better if you would've won the hand though!

Good luck with your goals this month, and I'll be sure to follow this, I might be able to learn something from it as well! :)

Regards,
      Tino
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      I can definitely recommend getting HEM2 as soon as possible. Have you used a different tracking software before, like PokerTracker? Or have you been playing with a HUD/tracking software at all?
      Nah I am using HEM2 atm, just the trial version so I have to buy it soon. ^_^

I haven't tried Pokertracker, but I earlier tried HEM1 and really liked it so seemed natual to try out HEM2 which is indeed a great software.

Originally posted by TinoLaanGood luck with your goals this month, and I'll be sure to follow this, I might be able to learn something from it as well!
      Hopefully I can contribute with some motivation along the line. :f_cool:
    • johny8984
      johny8984
      Bronze
      looks like this could be an intresting blog to follow as im also playing sh zoom (nl25/50)

will be following your progress best of luck at the tables
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by johny8984
      will be following your progress best of luck at the tables
      Thanks a lot! :heart:
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      Finally got my HEM2 license and did a 2,5 hour session!

Had this fun hand (was laughing pretty hard when I saw what he had :f_ugly: ):

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $16.61 (166.1 bb)
      SB: $7.40 (74 bb)
      BB: $4.95 (49.5 bb)
      UTG: $10 (100 bb)
      MP: $13.15 (131.5 bb)
      Hero (CO): $18.64 (186.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A Q
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95) T 5 8 (3 players)
      BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.70, BTN folds, BB raises to $4.65 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.95

Turn: ($10.25) 4 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($10.25) J (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $10.25 pot ($0.46 rake)
      Final Board: T 5 8 4 J
      BTN mucked and lost (-$0.30 net)
      BB showed 6 J and lost (-$4.95 net)
      Hero showed A Q and won $9.79 ($4.84 net)

I am against an unknown shortie who min bets which often means he is weak.
      His donk after min bet makes me think he probably has a hand like overpair. He could have better but he could also have worse.
      If he has an overpair like KK my equity is 45,35% which makes it a call since I have 1,59:1 to call meaning my required equity to make the call is 1/(1+1,59) = 38,6%.

Was pretty satisfied with my play just seemed like I got coolered more than usual. Had a set with 10’s against a maniac who suddently had a straight and stuff like that. :P

Was down 3 BI’s, but managed to crawl up a little and ended down 2 BI’s. Tilt does not exist in my universe! ;) Here is the graph:

Status for July:
      - Buy HEM2 1/1
      - Post 20 hands for evaluation 3/20
      - Play 20k hands 2k/20k
      - BR 260 $
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      Did a nice 2,5 hour session!
      Started with a few hands like this one where river is really helpfull. :f_mad: but I felt like I was playing my A game and ended up 2,7 BI.

BTN: $11.61 (116.1 bb)
      Hero (SB): $10.15 (101.5 bb)
      BB: $10.15 (101.5 bb)
      UTG: $16.73 (167.3 bb)
      MP: $10.87 (108.7 bb)
      CO: $9.80 (98 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8 8
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($0.70) 2 7 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BTN calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.70) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BTN calls $1

River: ($3.70) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, BTN calls $1.20

Results:
      $6.10 pot ($0.27 rake)
      Final Board: 2 7 4 5 9
      BTN showed 9 7 and won $5.83 ($2.83 net)
      Hero showed 8 8 and lost (-$3 net)

I normally play 3 tables of zoom at once and then sit out when I write long notes, but tonight I tried out 4 tableing and it felt just right!

Here is the graph:

Building up my bank roll and I feel really comfortable at NL10.

I am playing more aggressive and finding more spots to steal and bluff and my VPIP has changed to the better since I first started zoom.
      When I first started I was playing nitty around 19/17 and now I have around 24/22. :f_love:

Status for July:
      - Buy HEM2 1/1
      - Post 20 hands for evaluation 5/20
      - Play 20k hands 4k/20k
      - BR 282 $
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Will be following this. We are playing same stakes / same kind of tables / same BR , just different sites hehe.
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Will be following this. We are playing same stakes / same kind of tables / same BR , just different sites hehe.
      Have been following your blog too. :f_biggrin: We should totally do a BR race! Will be keeping tabs on you. :f_cool:

Does Ipoker have hotkeys for zoom? And are the bots +ev for you? ^_^
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      Short 50 minutes session. Quite a spiky graph. :f_ugly: Somehow I always start off badly. :f_p:

Im too tired to continue though. NN! :f_zZz:
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      iPoker has some standard hotkeys, like F1 for fold, F2 for call and F3 for raise. At least, that's what it's like on 770. I'm not sure about other iPoker skins.

Most bots are pretty bad, so definitely +EV imo :f_biggrin:

Not that fun to play against though.
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      iPoker has some standard hotkeys, like F1 for fold, F2 for call and F3 for raise. At least, that's what it's like on 770. I'm not sure about other iPoker skins.
      That sux. Custom hotkeys ftw. :f_cool:

Most bots are pretty bad, so definitely +EV imo :f_biggrin:

Not that fun to play against though.
      Sounds pretty fun to get some +EV though. :P
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      Haven't been able to play for the last 9-10 days or so. :f_frown:

I am taking a summer speed course of math and that combined with really good weather (= beach baby) and visiting my parents have taken all my time these past days.

It will be impossible to accomplish my monthly goals, especially because I haven't had math for so long so I really have to get back in the game. :f_p: Also the classes are for 40 hours a week combined with 16 hours of homework.

I haven't studied for so long so it's actually fun again! I feel like I have a different view of studying now because I have gotten older and more wise. lol. :f_ugly:

I will have to focus on the math because it will defnetly be very very useful when I start at the university. I will definitely succeed there.
      Failing is not an option.

I will squeeze sessions in when possible, and after the course I will be back in full force!

Aaaaanyways played for 1,5 hours and wasn't as much out of shape as I had feared. Earlier I have felt just a week off has had a negativ effect on my game, but tonight I felt great! :f_cool:

When playing starcraft just a day or two off could have a huge negative effect on my play, but it's probably not like that in poker. At least not for me at my current level of play. ;)

Status for July:
      - Buy HEM2 1/1
      - Play 20k hands 5k/20k
      - BR 305 $
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Sounds pretty fun to get some +EV though. :P
      Well, most bots are short/mid stacked, like 20-30bb. At least that's how it is on Poker770. Not sure what it's like on other iPoker rooms, since I don't play on any other iPoker rooms. For some reason though, I guess it just doesn't feel the same as playing against real people.

Though they are certainly +EV, which is always fun, they're still not fun to play against imo. But like you said, +EV is always good :f_biggrin:

I am taking a summer speed course of math and that combined with really good weather (= beach baby) and visiting my parents have taken all my time these past days.
      Well, you have to enjoy the good weather while it lasts! I'm not sure what the weather is generally like in Denmark, but I can't imagine it'll be much warmer there on average than here in Holland.

So yeah, just enjoy it while you can! And visiting your parents is important as well of course :)

Also wow 40 hours a week? That's a lot! I'm not sure I would be able to do that during the holidays, especially if you also have to spend a lot of time on homework. But it sounds like you're keeping up fine, so keep that up :f_thumbsup:
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Well, you have to enjoy the good weather while it lasts! I'm not sure what the weather is generally like in Denmark, but I can't imagine it'll be much warmer there on average than here in Holland.
      I think it's better in Holland though. We have the summer months with 18-25 degrees and then 9 emo months with windy and rainy weather. :P So you have to enjoy those 3 months!

The weather is definitely the worst part about my country.
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      Had a baaad session.

Stuff like this kept happening:

BTN: $11.53 (115.3 bb)
      SB: $14.75 (147.5 bb)
      BB: $9.58 (95.8 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $10 (100 bb)
      MP: $10.15 (101.5 bb)
      CO: $66.34 (663.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4 4
      Hero raises to $0.20, MP folds, CO raises to $0.75, BTN folds, SB calls $0.70, BB folds, Hero calls $0.55

Flop: ($2.35) A 4 5 (3 players)
      SB bets $2, Hero calls $2, CO folds

Turn: ($6.35) A (2 players)
      SB bets $3, Hero raises to $7.25 and is all-in, SB calls $4.25

River: ($20.85) A (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $20.85 pot ($0.94 rake)
      Final Board: A 4 5 A A
      SB showed 8 8 and won $19.91 ($9.91 net)
      Hero mucked 4 4 and lost (-$10 net)

BTN: $9.79 (97.9 bb)
      SB: $6.24 (62.4 bb)
      BB: $8.86 (88.6 bb)
      UTG: $11.68 (116.8 bb)
      MP: $4.28 (42.8 bb)
      Hero (CO): $20.64 (206.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A A
      UTG raises to $0.30, MP folds, Hero raises to $0.90, 2 folds, BB calls $0.80, UTG folds

Flop: ($2.15) 6 Q 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2, BB calls $1.50

Turn: ($6.15) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.50, Hero raises to $17.74, BB calls $3.46 and is all-in

River: ($18.07) T (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $18.07 pot ($0.81 rake)
      Final Board: 6 Q 3 5 T
      BB showed 3 5 and won $17.26 ($8.40 net)
      Hero mucked A A and won $0.00 (-$8.86 net)

Seriously who calls a 9bb raise OOP with 35s? :f_ugly: That made me giggle. :f_p:

Graph looks terrible, but I did get 3,5 hours of play and had a good time. I just blame variance. ;)

Tomorrow morning I'm off to my parents house at the beach where I'm gonna watch the last tour de france mountain stage while cooling off with a few swims in the ocean.

Summer rox! :f_cool:

Status for July:
      - Buy HEM2 1/1
      - Play 20k hands 7k/20k
      - BR 257 $
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      Had a sweet ass session. Was running 4 tables and was able to make notes without pausing anything or missing the clock. Was really concentrating and after 45 minutes I had played 730 hands, and I played pretty good too. :f_cool:

:heart: Rammstein when playing poker :heart: This is probably the most emotionel song I know. Gives me the shivers every time!

• CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hello Sillysaurr,

Nice graph for the last day! It looks like you have made some very good decisions and had great results, GJ! And Rammstein's songs are always emotional and awakes some feelings, good choice for a thread saver.