how is it possible to run so under ev??

• mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      I just have to vent how frustrated i am. Just over 310k hands i have finally hit -40 buy ins for zoom this year. This is a real breaking point for me. Like you expect when you are improving more and more that your effort will show, but this is just beyond anything i could imagine. I have moved up in limits through this, but now i am losing on the year. Really sometimes you cannot do anything, but just wonder if it could get worse. Even a month ago when i was about -25 buyins i was like wow maybe this is it, but nope it has become something else.
  • 6 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Try winning more all ins, that should help :coolface:

Everyone runs bad sometimes. Some more than others. Whenever I run bad I think about how I am running good in life that I even have the time and a computer to play poker on.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by mute20
      I just have to vent how frustrated i am. Just over 310k hands i have finally hit -40 buy ins for zoom this year. This is a real breaking point for me. Like you expect when you are improving more and more that your effort will show, but this is just beyond anything i could imagine. I have moved up in limits through this, but now i am losing on the year. Really sometimes you cannot do anything, but just wonder if it could get worse. Even a month ago when i was about -25 buyins i was like wow maybe this is it, but nope it has become something else.
      Check around the forums. Have a look at the graphs people post that show an EV line. MOST of them show that they are running below EV.

Why not post your graphs and stats in the No-Limit Strategy forum to see if anyone can spot a leak?

How is your mental game? Are you staying on your A-Game even though you're experiencing a huge downswing?

Also, in your post, it sounds like you moved up in limits while on a losing streak. This is not generally considered a good idea. What is your Bankroll Management strategy?

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Meh, had 40bi below EV before, should still be profiting well over such sample.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Edge is lower in zoom, thus higher variance. 50BI still pretty normal.
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Still seems super hard not to profit over 310k sample though. You might have a very low win rate ...

Or you're the unluckiest guy in the world
    • ariolis30
      ariolis30
      Basic
      poker... its sucha sick game