This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Winrate vs different times of day (Micros)?

• pockettones
      pockettones
      Bronze
      Due to the country I live in, I usually play from around 7:00-10:00 ET, where there are usually 50-60k players. I play 5NL right now, I dont really have a good sample size but am sitting at 5bb/100 hands at 16k hands. I find 5NL a lot tougher than 2NL (21bb @ 21k hands) where people stacked off with mediocre hands pretty frequently , 5NL seems to be a lot tighter in general with a lot less fish... maybe its a lot easier during peak hours?

I know you cant really compare the toughness of the two stakes based on my really small sample winrate, but these are just observations Ive made.
  • 6 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, pockettones

I think that your observation about time of day is spot on.

Traffic seems best from late afternoon to about 22:00 BST -- Say 11:00 to 17:00 ET.

I'm on the wet coast of Canada, and the number of tables begins to drop dramatically about about 19:00 ET.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      Lol at wet coast. Is that a Freudian slip? :)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by redrawstump
      Lol at wet coast. Is that a Freudian slip? :)
      No, it is is a very common joke in BC -- lots of people ( well, ok just me ) call it that. :coolface:

--VS
    • NewwWorld
      NewwWorld
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Hi, pockettones

I think that your observation about time of day is spot on.

Traffic seems best from late afternoon to about 22:00 BST -- Say 11:00 to 17:00 ET.

I'm on the wet coast of Canada, and the number of tables begins to drop dramatically about about 19:00 ET.

Cheers,
      --VS
      Could you translate those times in European Time please :) ? Im so bad at that..
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I really don't know myself.

There are lots of "European" time zones.

This is a great reference if you get scrambled up:

http://www.worldtimezone.com/

Here is the Europe close up:
      http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-europe12.php

From the maps:
      EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) is BST (British Summer Time) -05:00

CEST (Central Europe Summer Time) is BST + 1:00

So CEST = EST + 6, so the time range with greatest traffic is:
      17:00 - 23:00 CEST -- which is evening for most of Europe, which is what you'd expect.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • Psderrr
      Psderrr
      Bronze
      There is going to be more to it than just time zone although that can be a factor, if you break it down and think of who is playing at the various limits and why you can get a better idea of what is going on.

Your casual player might put some money on then play some nl10+ perhaps just putting it all on one table at nl100 or something. Some people who are a little more conservative might be happy playing a 2 dollar game but much fewer casual players are going to fall into the range of a 5 dollar game, what you have there are mostly just bad regs and people with some aspiration of moving up stakes/ not being a losing player. They all have plenty of leaks and play badly but in general they are going to be less spazzy and tighter than straight up fish.