jmackenzie
      Silver
      The final backers and the %'s are as follows:

jan217: 5% ($1500)
      Z1pz0r: 11% ($3300)
      Mindan: 71.5% ($21450)
      lydia: 2.5% ($750)
      pucilpet: 10% ($3000)

Now that all transfers have been taken, i will start to play on the sites.

Updates will be made weekly from now, I intend to update each time with a graph and a summary of how its going in total on the stake.

If any backer has any questions please post them here. I will get back to you on the Monday of each week AT THE VERY LATEST.
  • 110 replies
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Week 1

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Had just 1 day of grinding in this first week. The money took a few days to get onto all sites and afterwards i decided to go to Madrid to see some friends. Due to regulations was unable to play.

I got back late tonight
      week 2 should be more productive.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Week 2

Ran pretty bad at the highest limit had a number of great fish but was unable to run that well.

In monetary terms the swing seems quite drastic but im only 300bb down overall.

I have taken nl1k out of my game until i get back up to 26k roll.

If i go below 18k I will take out nl600 also.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Week 3

Small amount of volume played. Unfortunately for you guys england has suffered something of a heatwave (pretty unusual for here) so I have been slacking badly.

in terms of big blinds we are now up 200bb.

My plans are still the same as last week.

I have taken nl1k out of my game until i get back up to 26k roll.

If i go below 18k I will take out nl600 also.

If this month stays in the red all rb made will be added to the stake balances.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Week 4-5

Hey guys sorry for missing the last weeks update.

Week 4 i spent over at my parents house and the internet was highly unreliable, i decided that it was not worth playing there with stake money incase i had connection problems.

the other half of week 4 and week 5 i was in spain first at the beach near gibralter then afterwards at a music festival and have just got back into england a few hours ago.

I couldnt get hold of any kind of internet at the music festival and tried to contact some people via mobile but it doesnt seem they got it.

If stakers would like to have my mobile number or would like to give me theirs please message me in the community inbox messages.

Then if i do have internet problems again i can contact you still.

I should be back to playing from tomorrow.

All rb for the last month will be added on to reduce the makeup. i'll get hold of the exact figures tomorrow.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      With all rb included the total roll stands at $24445.85 which is $5554.15 Makeup.
    • mahoarca
      mahoarca
      Bronze
      Can we have the site and user where you play please? If is not secret of course. At least platform and what rb deal do you have.
      GL, make it 6 figures this month!
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Week 6

Small volume this week as I was only looking for action at nl200 to get back into the groove and didnt seem to get much.

@mahoarca I have rb on fulltilt through edge rewards + 30% rakeback on pkr.

For week 7 I should resume full play (as in nl100 up to nl600) by wednesday of the week.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Week 6.5

I was asked by one of the backers to give more frequent updates so i will be doing twice a week for the forseeable future.

ev is going in the right direction but money the opposite.

This is due to a few pots played at nl600 one where i had qq v 44 aipf for 1.3k and another with top set vs gutshot and backdoor fd which both hit.

I'm not too fazed as of yet by the dip, its very much within the realms of variance.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Week 7

Unfortunately another losing week but given the low volume its very much within the realms of possibility.

If you look at it in terms of bb's you can see how it really is both a mixture of run bad at the higher stakes combined with runbad overall.

I will continue and post another update on thursday evening/friday morning.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Week 7.5

I'm not at home at the moment and cant remember whether i played during this week or not.

I had a seizure on tuesday evening and have really badly hurt my back and find it hard to walk.

I went for an x xray today n was told that one of my vertabrae looks crushed.

I wont be playing aslong as the pain is really apparrant like now thats all i know as of yet.
    • pucilpet
      pucilpet
      Bronze
      Really sorry to hear about your back problems. :(

Get well soon and don't worry about the stake too much. You have far more important things to think about for a while now.
    • mindan
      mindan
      Bronze
      Huh, bad news. Hope you heal your injury ASAP, back injuries are extremely annoying :(
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      From today i will be back to playing but with some limitations.

for one i will be on a laptop that can only run fulltilt and pokerstars so i wont be playing on pkr, also i have no access to the older hands posted here until i go back to my home which wont happen till i am back to normal.

So updates will be made on monday but will be made on hem1

I'm not 100% sure of the account balances because my laptop cant get onto pkr but i believe i am about 7.8k in makeup before starting play again.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver

Been playing alot as i can hardly move or do anything else.

managed to find out my total balance over all sites and it is at

$24985.64

I will continue to let all rb / bonuses add to the stake roll until we are completely out of makeup which hopefully will be done soon :P

For now i am still only able to play on pokerstars and fulltilt and not pkr also as my laptop is just too damn bad.

I am playing regs alot whilst waiting for action at both nl200/400 and seem to be doing well there so will continue to do so.

i am waiting for fish from nl100-600 and will add nl1k tables once bankroll is 26k or higher

If bankroll goes below 20k i will stop playing regs and if below 18k will take off nl600.

Please if any backers have questions just ask!

edit: expect next update thursday evening / friday morning
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver

was a pretty frustrating half week could barely win a single hand at showdown especially last night.

In total over the 11k hands ive won 39% at showdown which is unbelievably low so i hope its just a spot of bad variance and will continue to play through it

bankroll is at $23551.81

Next update will be made on Tuesday
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver

Still running pretty awful now 17 bi under ev since i started playing on laptop.

most action has been against regs still at nl200/400 i feel im doing well there so again will continue to do that whilst still waiting and hoping for action from lesser players at nl100-1k.

bankroll is now at $27760.19 total

As a reminder to backers all sites on the stake fulltilt, pokerstars and pkr only have stakers money on it and therefore are only being used for what i am staked for. Also whilst in makeup all rb will be kept in the balance only once i'm having winning months will these be taken out.

Stakers can also ask for all hand histories and transaction histories to make sure everything is up to scratch.

I'm not used to being in makeup for a period of time longer than maybe 2 weeks, so would like to keep good relations with backers given that it have been over 2 months so far without profit.

Next update will be on saturday
    • mindan
      mindan
      Bronze
      How is your back injury? How do you feel about the stake and poker in general given what is going on since the beginning of the deal?
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      I'm still waiting on mri results to come back to confirm the damage done to my spine until then I'm laid up in bed but can walk a little so all things hopeful i will keep improving on that front...

With poker its pretty interesting. Because i'm only able to play on 2 sites i've spent alot of time atleast trying to mix it up with the other regs.

The problem is im getting little to no action from 95%+ players which is completely stupid.

The level of bumhunting going on around these days has got to a level which is out of control and i worry very much about how much longer headsup is a viable way to make money.

For now though i am still able to get 1k+ hands per working day in which is more than enough to be making good money...
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      sorry for the long time between updates my computer was used by my brother who deleted all the passwords and having no phone or keepass with me caused a lot of hassle to be able to log into anything.

Bankroll is now at $26.2k

had my first big fish at 3/6 for a long time and it was at 3/6 deep on fulltilt. unfortunately we got to be $3.7k effective and so i decided the variance would be too large at that point and decided to quit.

had a number of reg battles on 2 tables all of which no ground was really made or lost. I am running into a lot of players who play such a very different & extremely passive style, (especially on flops/ turns,) which is confusing me a little. The basic premise i can see is to play a GTO style but as with all forms of poker (especially with a no limit betting structure,) im sure i can formulate a few counter strategies to ween out an edge.