[NL2-NL10] NL50 TT in MP1

• Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      i feel i should have seen this coming, but i thought he may be semi-bluffing the 3.

in future should i be check/folding in this situation?

edit: i raised TT in MP1 only becaue it was a fairly passive table. as seen by the cold call with aces.

Known players:
      SB:
      $26.20
      BB:
      $9.25
      UTG+1:
      $47.25
      UTG+2:
      $8.45
      Hero:
      $13.05
      MP2:
      $52.50
      MP3:
      $8.15
      CO:
      $8.50
      BU:
      $40.55

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T:diamond: , T:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, 4 folds, SB raises to $5.13, BB folds, Hero calls $3.13.

Flop: ($10.76) 9:heart: , 9:diamond: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $21.07 (All-In), Hero raises to $7.92 (All-In).

Turn: ($39.75) 8:club:
      River: ($39.75) 4:diamond:

Final Pot: $39.75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, tens and nines (Td Ts)
      SB shows two pairs, aces and nines (As Ad)

SB wins with two pairs, aces and nines (As Ad)
  • 10 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Fold after the reraise on preflop and after such bet on flop fold for sure.
    • AndriusLT
      AndriusLT
      Bronze
      I wouldn't call PF just fold or shove.
      Bronze
      What the earth does this $5.13 raise mean? Hate those guys who raise weird amounts :) .

Preflop raise with TT was of course ok but it was also an easy fold to a reraise, as you can see in our basic articles...

Btw: results are rather dispensable. In fact, they affect viewers opinion about the hand, so they can even be harmful.
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      i couldnt fold preflop, odds i was getting were akin to that of a min-raise.
      Bronze
      Well ok than, you know better...
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      not saying i know better at all...

many of the coaching vids show coaches doing exactly the same thing, thats where i learnt to do it.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      can you give a link to the videos? i'm don't know what to do in this situations , i guess the guy has aces or kings more often than 44 or 64off , i've seen both btw

i guess the standard move is fold, with stats maybe a call.
    • PhilMC
      PhilMC
      Bronze
      well, you can possibly call this and wait for another ten (if you hit that, he will lose every single buck), but I would be 100% sure about Aces or Kings or Queens standing against me... perhaps AK, but even in this case youre just a slight favorite...
      The solution is simple: call or fold preflop and then, if no T comes on flop, check/fold...
      Bronze
      Well, surely people playing with DEEP stack are capable of doing such thing. But here when you call this 5-something bet you basically are pot commited as hell. See, your remaining stack is going to be less than $8 and the pot is going to be bigger than $10.

Now on the flop you are surely also telling me you have too good odds to fold it - and you're basically right, cause you're commited - even if there's any overcard on the flop, which causes you to go broke and get pwned. Great play.

There's also a way to shove it after his 3bet directly, but I'm not sure if it's any good. TT are a little too weak for such play - try typing different 3bet ranges in Equilator and see what range you need here to make this move profitable. And if it's probable range? People don't usually 3bet with nothing...

But still, I'm folding those tens preflop.

I suggest you reread basic sss articles about acting if there's a reraise behind you.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Samesa i only have 1 question;

If the the table was passive then why didn't you take this into account and fold to the reraise preflop?

If i had a stack of say less than ten dollars i would push in this situation* but you're remaining stack is 11 dollars.

*This is assuming a loose opponent. Against a passive opponent with a low pfr i would actually fold here well, maybe if my stack was between 10 or 15BB i would push.