[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH - AA, raise on dry, K high flop?

• kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $104,15
      MP3:
      $15,15
      Hero:
      $49,50

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , A:heart:
      MP3 raises to $1,00, Hero raises to $3,00, BU folds, SB calls $2,75, BB folds, MP3 calls $2,00.

Flop: ($9,50) 3:diamond: , K:spade: , 4:club: (3 players)
      SB bets $3,00, MP3 folds, Hero calls $3,00.

Turn: ($15,50) 3:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $5,00, Hero calls $5,00.

River: ($25,50) K:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $4,00, Hero calls $4,00.

Final Pot: $33,50

I got this problem that i usually get passive when i might face a set. So if you suggest here that i raise on flop, which i should probably do to get value from K hands, then please tell me what should i do if:
      - i get 3bet allin?
      - he calls and bet out on turn?
      - he calls and check turn?

I guess it's all about deciding if i can go broke on this flop, cause i think every raise commits me.

Thanks in advance,
      kesgab
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Sb coldcalled 3-bet. I´m quite sure that he don´t do that with 33 or 44.
      Once he leads into 2 players calling is fine on the flop, since you´re way ahed, but if he bets small again on the turn then you should go for 15$ turn raise that you could shove river. He might still hold AK, KQ and you want to get all the money all-in if you have mostly the best hand.
      When you decide to re-raise on the flop and SB pushes, then it is call, since he is mostly holding here AK.
      If he calls and bet out turn, then you can call intention shoving river if it is not K.
      If he calls and check turn, then valubet 1/2 pot to shove river.
    • kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      I didn't see that he coldcalled... :) probalby cause it was not a big 3bet.
      This indeed makes it easier. Afterall this should have been a pretty easy hand to play. At least I think i won't make mistake like this again.
      (he had KQ)

Thanks!