[Offer] Guidelines for Stakers

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Greetings,
      As you may have noticed, Thazar is no longer moderating the staking boards.
      He -- and fruktpuff before him -- did a terrific job, and I am now going to try to take over.

One of the things that seems lacking is a set of guidelines for stakers.

We already have some guidelines buried in <link to staking rules> but it would be good if there was a set of guidelines we could all follow.

Things I thought to include:
         A listing of PokerStrategy's requirements (there aren't many)
         A procedure for reporting failed stakers w/o resorting to a public shaming
         A procedure for stakers to check the list of failed stakers.
         Some suggestions for how stakers can avoid potential problems.

At this point, I would like feedback from the community -- both stakers and horses -- regarding what sorts of things should be included in "Guidelines for Stakers"
      Note that this is not "Rules" for stakers, since it is your money, and since PokerStrategy.com has no part in any transactions there are very few rules that PokerStrategy.com could enforce.

However PokerStrategy.com provides the forum, and is certainly able to make and enforce rules governing its use.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
      After a reasonable time, and review by PokerStrategy.com the guidelines will become a sticky.

Best Regards,
      --VS
  • 5 replies
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      What about a format that people can fill in to apply for staking?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      there is a good example by Pleno here:

Rules for staking requests
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      I belive some wall of shame is a must, for 2 reasons:

1. to publicly ashame scammers and thiefs we have around here

2. to let other stakers know they need to watch out for this guy.

There is really nice format of it on 2p2 where all informations about horses are being exposed.

My 2 cents

Best
    • Krimica
      Krimica
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      I belive some wall of shame is a must, for 2 reasons:

1. to publicly ashame scammers and thiefs we have around here

2. to let other stakers know they need to watch out for this guy.

There is really nice format of it on 2p2 where all informations about horses are being exposed.

My 2 cents

Best
      +1 :s_thumbsup:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I am not sure myself if a wall of shame is as much of a necessity as you guys think.

Chances are when a user x scams it's a hit and run job - never to be seen again.

I believe there is enough ways and means out there to help protect yourself from potential scammers. There are lots of poker resources out there for results/data which you should be correlating with HEM/PT reports etc via live Skype calls/teamviewer sessions.

At the end of the day, if you are not willing to put in the detective work before giving someone your money - then why get involved?

I am going to end this discussion here actually and we will work on this internally for a while and see what we can come up with.

Best regards,
      Gary.