Hand History requested

• DannyJQ
      DannyJQ
      Bronze
      Hello,

so I've installed a new Windows and I forgot to tick Save Hand History on my Pokerstars client. I requested my hand history for the last week and they sent me a fail via email, but I have no idea how to import it into my tracking software. The file is pretty weird and File type: file ?( When I open it with a notepad its a mess, when I open it with Word its ok to read, but I want to import it, so any suggestions?

Cheers :)
  • 3 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey DannyJQ,

PokerStars hand histories are stored/sent as .txt files. So you have a very odd case here!

If you can view the hand histories properly in Word, you can try saving them as .txt files and try to import those. That way your tracking software should recognize the hand histories.

If that fails though, you should probably contact their customer support: support@pokerstars.com

Let us know if (and how) you managed to solve this, and feel free to ask if anything else comes up :)

Regards,
      Tino
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by DannyJQ
      The file is pretty weird and File type: file ?( When I open it with a notepad its a mess, when I open it with Word its ok to read, but I want to import it, so any suggestions?

Cheers :)
      It is almost certainly an archive of some type.

what is the file type?

If you right-click it it should tell you.

If I know what file type it is, I'll know how to extract the data.

OTOH, maybe just contact P*s customer support and they'll be able to tell you for sure.

--VS
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      imo it looks like a text file with no MS line breaks.

It should just be a case of importing into HEM or PT

gl