Hi everyone

• Floppyriver89
      Floppyriver89
      Basic
      Hi everyone,

Before I get started yes I do have a stupid username haha I just couldn't think of anything else.

Anyway a bit about me, I first played poker (NL Holdem) about 8 years ago (I'm 23) with some friends. Since then I've played it occasionally but only started to regularly about 1 month ago when I've been playing it a lot in my free time. I've had success whenever I've played live with friends or in small tournaments at my local pub. In fact I've won the last 4 times that I've played.

Online it's been a different story though. The players are of a much higher standard and if before I thought I was a fairly good player I am now thinking that I've barely scratched the surface of what I need to learn to become a good player!

I only use Pokerstars at the moment. I originally only played SNGs with mixed success until recently I started playing cash games as well. I've definitely been more successful in the cash games but I'm still not consistent enough. I have times where I double my bankroll and think I'm doing great and then suddenly blow all of that profit, maybe because I go on tilt from one bad beat or just in general have a bit of bad luck.

Also I am currently enduring a particularly bad run of luck in SNGs. Last one I played it was first round of blinds. I had KK on the button. Couple of callers and I then raise to 3 times the big blind. The BB goes all in so I call after everyone else folds. He turns over K6o. I'm thinking "brilliant, what was he thinking!" Flop comes Ad 2s 3s, turn 4h and the river 5d. I honestly couldn't believe it and I've had so many of those bad beats recently it's just unreal but I guess you just have to keep going and hope that you get that luck at some point!

Anyway that's enough for now, had to get that off my chest about the bad beats lol!
  • 1 reply
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey Floppyriver89,

Welcome to the forum, glad to see you posting! I wouldn't worry too much about your username, it's perfectly fine ;)

Great to hear that you have had some good runs in your live games! But like you said, generally the players online are just a bit better. But don't worry, there's still plenty of bad players out there.

Like me :facepalm:

I see you are still a basic user though. I strongly recommend you get tracked to one of our affiliated poker rooms so that you can start earning StrategyPoints. These will then allow you to view more and more content as your status becomes higher!

We offer a free bankroll on a number of poker rooms to help you get started a bit. This will also allow you to get tracked.

Additionally, you can view a list of poker rooms you can get tracked at here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/

Make sure to follow the steps in the guides closely, to make sure your account gets tracked properly. :)

Best of luck at the tables! Perhaps the whole online scene takes some getting used to, but I'm sure you'll be crushing in no time! Also, don't worry about the bad beats. Just try to remember the times where you hit that one-outer and went on to win the tournament!

If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know!

Kind regards,
      Tino