6max - PT3 "3bet & Fold stat" to high?

• jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Silver
      I have a question regarding what a solid stat should be for this? Mine is 71% which is suggesting my 3bet range might be a bit to bluff heavy? Or i'm 3betting some top end hands such as AQs, KQs, JJ, TT etc. In spots where based on villains tenancies it can't be for value.

Some opinions on if 71% is to high or not? This is for 6-max cash.
  • 4 replies
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      What limit are you playing?

It depends on who your playing against. But a 'balanced' 3b range should have something like 40-45 value (3b/5b) and 55-60 bluff (3b/f) depending on 4b size.

So yeah your 3b/f is a bit high, but if people are folding a lot to 3bets or if they aren't 4betting much it doesn't really matter
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Silver
      hey jonny

seems alright... it just means that on average you have a 0.29:0.71 value:bluff ratio. so it looks like you have ~2.6% value 3betting range and a total 3betting range of ~9% on average. ofc the numbers will be different depending on your opponents and how you adjust to them.

i don't think anyone could tell you what a solid stat would look like. instead it's more about each different situation and if you are making a profitable decision. so if the most profitable decision for you is to 3bet bluff someone ~6.4% then just keep doing it. 71% 3bet/fold is high, but it doesn't mean it isn't profitable if you are choosing your opponents properly. i can't speak for nl50+ when i say this, but i think most players will have a similar looking stat.

p.s. moved your thread to the NL section
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Silver
      Originally posted by holmeboy
      What limit are you playing?

It depends on who your playing against. But a 'balanced' 3b range should have something like 40-45 value (3b/5b) and 55-60 bluff (3b/f) depending on 4b size.

So yeah your 3b/f is a bit high, but if people are folding a lot to 3bets or if they aren't 4betting much it doesn't really matter
      This is NL10 & 25. I'm trying to switch from Full-Ring where I played NL50 & 100.
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Silver
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      ...it's more about each different situation and if you are making a profitable decision. so if the most profitable decision for you is to 3bet bluff someone ~6.4% then just keep doing it. 71% 3bet/fold is high, but it doesn't mean it isn't profitable if you are choosing your opponents properly. i can't speak for nl50+ when i say this, but i think most players will have a similar looking stat.
      Most players where i'm playing atm are very nitty v 3bets so a higher % bluff range makes sense to me. I wanted to see if this % was noticeably to high, but it sounds like it's not.