Rakeback - how does it work? Any suggestions?

• boozaf
      boozaf
      Bronze
      I've been moving up limits by multi-tabling 12 tables and just recently got to NL25.

I believe I faced my first BIG (or should I say sudden?) downswing as I lost 15 stacks in three days, all of sudden, when I was just break even at the limit [the 'steady' part of the graph was always coming up, though (note: I only played about 30k hands)].

Eventually I had to move down a limit; no problems so far.

I had already realized that Pokerstars rake is enormous, but the thing is — my huge downswing and all my losses combined in NL25 were only HALF the rake I gave!

Finally, I humbly ask you guys the question: how does this rakeback deals work? I THINK I know more or less how it does but still... it would be good to have somebody who's already in those deals to put it simple for me.

Still in time: [edited by RasTweet].

Thanks a lot
  • 5 replies
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Hi,

If u have not opened any other accounts then from PS there is some good sites to grind first deposit bonuses they go somewhere between 50-75% raceback. Big ones are: Cake and Ladbrokes .. depends if u play 6 max or FR. Fulltilt had amazing also. + FR traffic and super soft.

Edit

Pokerstars rake is not high.. should be the best around. Just the fact that rakeback isint good unless you are supernova+
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      if you can maintain gold status on stars thats around 20-25% and add the vip stellar rewards that another 10% per unlock.

if you beat the 235 fpp sats 1/3 times that equals 33% so i think stars is rakeback is definitely good, considering the other things you get when you play there.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey boozaf

I edited your post because you are asking for competitors, we don't allow this. I trust you understand?

About your question how Rakeback works. So every hand you play that sees the flop you pay rake. (I guess you know how rake works) Lets say you've payed $100 in rake and you have a rakeback deal of 30% you'll get 30% of that $100 back. 30% x $100 = $30 The room will pay you $30 back.

Pokerstars doesn't have very high rake. In fact it's one of the lowest around. You can check this thread about the rake on pokerstars. The thread is a year old, but I can't imagine that the rake changed a lot in the last year.

If you still want a rakeback offer I suggest you take a look at our poker rooms. There are some rooms that have straight rakeback deals.

And if you're not sure what room to pick you could always take a look at this thread. It's designed to find the perfect poker room for you!

Best of luck at the tables!

RasTweet
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Consider moving other sites once you establish yourself at 50NL as there's more value to be had elsewhere. Below NL50 stars has lowest rake and you likely won't be able to clear full deposit bonus on other site playing lower stakes which would be a waste of bonus.
    • boozaf
      boozaf
      Bronze
      Ooooh... so that VIP stuff and all that are the rakeback deals... I thought it was something else (completely). :P

Thanks a lot you guys, specially RasTweet for the detailed information and links. :)