from 1$ to 100$ in 3parts SNG

• 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      hi,

I know it's not much of a winning but i think i should tell my Useless success story! One day i registered in a 1$buy-in qualifier to 7$tourney at Mansion poker. i got a place not easily but in the bubble. Another day i feel like spending the free 7$ ticket i won in a tourney where u get a 50$buy-in ticket. That day i played so loose and agressive that i out played most of the players sitting at the table. I end up winning an easy 50$ ticket. Scared myself to play against the "Big buy-in players". It tooks me more than a week to finally invest my ticket in a "double or nothing" SNG. At that time( today), I already read most of the strategy articles on Sng( actually i'm more of a SSS learner, n i play cash games). I end up leading the Sng when there was 6players left. At 5players, i'm now with 100$ added to my bankroll. I think it's a cute story, do you? i also think, u should try it. It's not that hard.
  • 4 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi 1seednoir1,

Nice to see you added $100 to your roll. Congratz.

Best regards,
      Stiev
    • Deflowerer
      Deflowerer
      Bronze
      Congrats! =)

p.s. micro buy-in SNG's are tougher to win,lol
      It's a moron-jungle till the 10$ buy in,people calling all in with 3rd pair or with 4-5 outs after the turn.

Just lost 4$ buy in (180 players).I was the chip leader in last 40 and got called twice by crap with KK,AKs by people who were not short-stacked.
      KK vs 9,6 off suite was awesome,I almost puked :D
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      As i'm writting here, I was victim of the same problem... My straight 8910JQ got beated by a guy holding 93suited after a raise was made preflop. That guy caught his flush n slow played it till i got most of my money in (was NL20). I learn alot of things in this site, but they don't teach how to get a rid of that kind of person. Some tell u can by being agressive, i'm saying it's not working. For now i'll just go back to NL10, There i can perfect my game. Maybe that way it will work!!!
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      by being agressive you dont give them the odds to call for their draws which means as long as you dont pay them off every time they hit their draw youll be winning in the long run.