How to act on Rereraises preflop

• Exilinis
      In the starting hands cards for SNG's, there is only a "No raises before you" and a "More than one raises before you" section for the AQ, AJ, KQ, and 99 to TT hands.

What to do when you're in late position, one player before you has raised for example 3 BBs and you've got JJ poket pair?

And another question:
      What to do when someone has rereraised after you? For example: You've got JJ and raise preflop. Then another player reraises, and yet another player rereraises. I'd guess I'd not have to go allin in that case, as your tutorials say you should. Since the change of someone having QQ+ is pretty big, right?

Would love to hear from others. Thank you
  • 1 reply
    • cannell555
      Hi Exilinis,

With 99-TT, if theres a raise in front of you, you should just play according to the CALL 20 rule imo. AJ and KQ aren't good hands, and you should definaitly fold them after a raise in most cases. AQ is awkward though, in position you could cold call, out of position I prefer raising it/or folding it, depending on the villain. Remember though, the less people at the table, the better value our cards become. What i've just said about these cards is based on a FR table.

With JJ, I would just cold call one raise in a FR game. If theres 6 people left, we can think about reraising it, or if its a button raise and we are in the blinds we can reraise.

Yes you are right against a raise and reraise JJ is often behind, and a fold is usually best.

Always take into account the villain when we play these marginal hands though. We can play hands all different ways against different types of players.