FTP Black Card vs PS Supernova

• circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      So I was planning to move to Pokerstars, created the account, activated the FDB, when all of the sudden I get the email from Tilt... "You have been awarded black card!"

Now Black Card gives you an additional 10% rakeback at FT, to a total of 35%. FT also gives occasional bonuses that are really nice to clear.

I wonder if this means I should stay at FT, or continue with my plan of moving to PS. I can rake 2-3k/month, I play NL50 and NL100. So this means I can easily get supernova by the end of the year. The question is, is it worth my while playing for supernova, or should I just take what I have at FTP? What is the general rakeback you get at PS while playing below supernova?

I know for sure Tilt take a little more rake from the pot, smth like 5% compared to 4.5% at PS.

And ofc it would be nice to be tracked here at PokerStrategy, which is not possible if I continue with FTP.
  • 14 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Pretty sure platinum is something like 27-29% rakeback
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      In a comparison that I've read, SN will be something like 29% vs BC 28% when we equalize the rake. So idk, SN will give higher return if grinding whole year.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Gold
      plat is 27-29% straight up but the stellar rewards is another 10%
    • ikkvr
      ikkvr
      Bronze
      You will reach diamond here if I am not wrong than U can enjoy the ps tour parties
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Phgrinder
      plat is 24-26, also the 10% stellar is way too ambitious

http://www.pokerstars.eu/vip/platinum/
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Gold
      Originally posted by imbahness
      plat is 24-26, also the 10% stellar is way too ambitious

http://www.pokerstars.eu/vip/platinum/
      ‘Cash-only Rewards’ estimate the value of FPPs based on purchasing the best value VIP Reward Bonus available to PlatinumStar VIPs.

this means the plat bonus, but does not include the miletsone bonuses. 10% maybe to much but can be found here

http://www.fpppro.com/pokerstars-rakeback.php
    • acerbikas
      acerbikas
      Bronze
      Isn't pokerstars eligible for Ps.com strat points and diamond promo though? That should give an additional boost to rakeback if it does.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Meh, strat points are overrated imo. Can't see how being diamond here is better than having sub on some other training sites . At best I'd say it's worth ~30$/month if not getting additional benefits like gemstones promo which doesn't run on PS.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Meh, strat points are overrated imo. Can't see how being diamond here is better than having sub on some other training sites . At best I'd say it's worth ~199$/month if not getting additional benefits like gemstones promo which doesn't run on PS.
      FYP :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      No offence, but diamond status alone is hardly worth $199.. You can charge $500/month if you want to, but that won't change the value player gets from it. ;)

@FTP vs PS: if the effective RB is the same (not sure, but seems so), FTP might be slightly better option because the whole rakeback (including all points) is paid weekly so you're not forced into longterm VIP program.. Traffic on 200+ sucks during the offpeak times though.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Gold
      why is it worth 199$ when you they rarely have videos going on?

they should have promos for pokerstars like the pokerstrategy series. other rooms have good affiliate promos :/
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      The figure above is taken from the value of status in our points shop.

Please don't shoot the messenger ;)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      why is it worth 199$ when you they rarely have videos going on?

they should have promos for pokerstars like the pokerstrategy series. other rooms have good affiliate promos :/
      Part 1, I answered above.

Part 2 is something that we are constantly trying to improve but PokerStars are not really interested in affiliate promotions. I know this question is asked time and time again but I'm afraid the answer is still pretty much the same.

Regards,
      Gary.
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      I can calculate really accurate rakeback for FTP. Suppose you rake 1k/month, you get 25% weekly. Double FTPs for black card and triple if you play during happy hours. FTPs converted to cash are equivalent to 5% additional RB, so 15% for black card during happy hours. Plus additional promotions such as rush weeks, periodic bonuses, etc. You can easily estimate total RB to 40% for a black card. So actually you pay 1k and get 400$ back.

Can anybody calculate this for Pokerstars? The thing to start with is that for an equivalent of 1k rake at FT you actually only pay 900 at PS, since rake is 4.5% instead of 5%. If being platinum on the way to SN is worth at least 30% (with all the additional cash rewards included), then the transition makes sense. I somehow sense the deal must be pretty much the same.