Arjun's TAF blog

• arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Hey pokerstrategists, as you forum addicts have probably noticed the increase of awareness in the TAF promotion and how many members are trying hard to get referrals and and get everyone to become part of pokerstrategy.

I have a similar goal to get a lot of referrals, get the money out on mansion or party where I will use the PS bonus code and try to get to gold level.

I have been around and joining many affiliate programs paying 1 cent to $1 per sign up, so I couldn't make much money. Then I tried using only Adsense and creating blogs which made me earn one check of $100, but still wasn't worth the 20-40 hours I put into it. I figured out that promoting pokerstrategy was easier and payed a lot more.

I used to promote pokerstrategy by spamming, but that only got some US citizens interested who weren't eligible anyway. So I am taking a different and more organized approach to promoting which is legal and won't get me banned.

1.) I will be buying some banner ads at $9-$15/month which have most visitors coming from countries such as Canada, Germany, UK, and many other countries which treat online poker with respect.

2.) Use some poker forums. As we all know that all of us are in competition to get a lot of friends; it is important not to fully reveal the names of the forums and sites I use to promote PS.

3.) Target individuals: Rather than targeting groups; I will target individuals who are:

a) not from US
      b) need poker help
      c) are willing to play to 100 SP

4.) Use my personal blog to promote pokerstrategy. As I only promote pokerstrategy I don't think it is against the forum rules to post the link here:

http://www.onlineblogging4money.blogspot.com/

Unlike tuktuk I am not promising to give any money back to the the referrals because that takes a lot of profits and on top of that I am helping tuktuk so it won't be fair to steal his system.

These are my stats from Aug 18th- Sep 01, so I have only been doing this for 12 days spending >10 minutes everyday. As you can see the $50 capital vs. sign ups is really bad and that is because of my promoting which was only targeting US citizens.

Current stats:

Friends
      0-4 35
      5-14 0
      15-99 1
      100-4999 0
      > 4999 0
      TAF money: $10

I am close to getting another 2 more players between 15-99 SP as they seem interested and one is already at 2 SP and climbing.

I will keep this blog updated as it will help me see what is working for me and how I am progressing and also my well wishers at ps who will be interested in the updates. :)
  • 2 replies
    • tuktukbkk
      tuktukbkk
      Bronze
      Hi Arjun,

Nice to see your reference to my tuktuk poker model and your ideas on how to promote the TAF better. I wish you good luck - although you are my direct competition :)

Maybe we could start some kind of competition and see how many people will register for a period of time :) with my $200 from the tuktuk poker model or without it as you promote it.

All the best!
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Thanks for the feedback tuk; I am sorry for not being too productive promoting you, will definitely do it today.

Blog Update: Player with 2 SP played a session today has reached above 15 SP. Last time I created a poker blog, I went on a big upswing; hope the same happens at TAF

Another $10 come my way :)

Current Stats:

Lifetime StrategyPoints Friends
      0-4 35
      5-14 0
      15-99 2
      100-4999 0
      > 4999 0
      Total TAF money: $20