Gadgaards Venture

• Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      Hey Guys

Finally it's my time to start a blog!
      To not scare any potential reader away I will try to make it very brief, however if u have further questions please feel free to ask them :s_evil:

:heart: About me :heart:

I'm 20 years old, from denmark, doing lots of sports - mostly soccer, loves mexican food, just finished sports Academy last week and will start at sports university after the summer break.

:spade: Poker :spade:

introduced to the game when 16, started to play private with some friends when 17. When i turned 18 i started to play online with playmoney :s_confused: . later same year I somehow found my way to pokerstrategy, and started to play more serious with actual money :f_cool: . I pretty soon realized that i love poker, and my goal would be to live sololy from my poker income. I had a huge poker break for about 6 months so i could focus at finishing highschool. After highschool i started at a sports Academy where I haven't had much time to play aswell, and is the reason why I decided to wait making my blog.

My main game is cashgame nlsh, but I'd like to improve at other poker variants aswell, so i can add them to my repertoire.

:diamond: Future goals :diamond:

Make a living from playing poker

Become a poker coach

Graduate from sports university

more goals probably will be added later :f_biggrin:

:club: Yearly Goals :club:

play at nl 1k

Learn to play the piano

Eat healthy and work out every day

Monthly goal February

Focus at basics/elemental

-ranges
      - equity
      -Programs (Hm2, etc..)
      (more to come)

Furthermore I will track my process and sum up every month how much time i spent on each several subject.

Weekly goals and assignments

yet to come.

Since I'm very bad at stuff like this, it would motivate me a lot if you guys help me out and ask some questions so it won't be a monolog :f_love:
      I will post some weekly and monthly goals later.
      Cheers everyone and see you at the tables!
  • 45 replies
    • ipreferflops
      ipreferflops
      Basic
      GL sir!
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey Gadgaard,

Great to see you start blogging as well!

So which games and stakes will you be playing mostly? You say your main game is SH NL, but which stakes?

I'm starting up a sports & management study next year (hopefully), albeit in Holland. Though it's probably not quite the same as what you have done/are doing, I'd still like to know what your experiences have been so far :)

Keep us updated!

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      Hello guys, been sick the past week, which is why no update, and haven't been able to play :f_mad: . Next 2 weeks I'm travelling to Italy for vacation, and after that 2 weeks for New York, so goal setting this month will be postponed to the next i guess, due to the fact i can't play at all. However I've printed some articles which I told myself to read, so hopefully I'm ready when I come back :s_evil: . Really excited about these vacations though :f_cool: .

So long all and see you in a couple of weeks! :f_grin:

@ipreferflops

Thank you!

@TinoLaan

Hey

I play mostly nl sh, so that's what I'm going to play. As mentioned I want to learn more about PLO but i will only play the lowest limit to grasp the concept of the game. Maybe i will play some tourneys once in a while too, who knows :f_grin: . Currently I'm rolled with 20 BI for nl50 (i have aggresive BRM yes) but will move down if i hit 16 BI and up when 40 BI.

Regarding the sports thing I will answer u some other days since I'm kinda in a hurry right now (Italy calling :f_love: )

btw I've read your blog and really enjoy it!
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Wow, going to both Italy and New York? Sounds good to me :f_thumbsup:

Have fun!

Cool that you want to learn PLO as well. They say the PLO field is generally softer than the NLHE field nowadays, so there should be decent money in it!

Don't worry about answering later! You're on vacation, and I don't want to ruin that for you by asking you countless questions :f_biggrin:

Also, thanks for the kind words :)
    • Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      Okay, finally back from vacations and they were both AWESOME!! Really looking forward to getting back at the tables, even though i haven't read all the articles i printed yet :f_biggrin:

Btw does anyone know how to save Hand history to your computer when playing on unibet?

@TinoLaan

About the sports university I can't tell you much yet, since I first start in september :f_cool:

Time to hit the tables!!! :f_grin:
    • Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      Day 1

Not that happy with how i played yesterday. Won some coinflips, lost some coinflips. Made some stupid mistakes, silly plays and only a few good plays.

My gameplay reflects the fact that I've just returned from vacation. Played way too relaxed and didn't focus enough, but I will change that today!

Overall winnings: -1 BI

by the way if anyone could help me with my HM2 I would appreciate it, would be a lot more interesting if i could post some hands here :f_biggrin:
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Nice to see a fellow dane in here! Where in Denmark are you from if I may ask :-)
    • Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      Yes, we are a rare species :f_biggrin:
      Right now I live in Roskilde, but I will move to Odense soon, due to uni. How about you?
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gadgaard
      Yes, we are a rare species :f_biggrin:
      Right now I live in Roskilde, but I will move to Odense soon, due to uni. How about you?
      Actually I'm just about to move to Dublin, but origionally I'm from Herning.
    • Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      Sweet! Is it work-related move or just interest?
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gadgaard
      Sweet! Is it work-related move or just interest?
      Yeah, a year of to work in another country (haven't actually got a job yet, but should be there soon ;) )
    • Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      Okay, I know I haven't updated in a while, and that's due to the fact I decided to enjoy the rest of the summer instead of playing, because i have so much to attend to already with things I have to get done before my study starts next month.
      When that being said I still keep me updated and stuff at PS and 2+2 where I recently came across something i found interesting and wanted to discuss here.
      to understand any of the texts below I'll recommend you to go read: Guess The Hand & Win Cash! - Week 4, first because withour reading that this won't make any sense to you.

Everything i say now is assuming that both villain and Hero is decent regulars

Why i don't think A :club: Q :club: is plausible.
      1st. hero shoulnd't play this hand X/R on the flop, UNLESS he had some sort of read on opponent. Since we have no reads and want to pot control here it's better to play b/c, because do we really want villain to 3-bet or shove here? no we don't.

2nd. We hit TPTK at river and we shove? that woulnd't make any sense at all, because what worse hands would villain call with here? If we was so lucky to get some showdown value woulnd't it be better to X/C because then we also target his air?

Air

1st. As being mentioned in the thread many times the flop connects very well with villains range, so would it really be a good board to try and bluff?

2nd. The river shove, we shove 66 bb into a (3*2 + 14*2 + 22*2 + blinds) = 79,5 bb pot

I don't think this is a bad play myself. The queen works very good for us here. however this is only the chase if we don't hold A :club: X :club: because if we do, it will decrease villains busted flushdraw range a lot and then the queen suddenly isn't such a good card because t only helps against AJ, KJ and J10s

Sets

lots of people in the thread is guessing for set of 4 or 8. However i have some questions about this myself.

1st. the flop. We don't have any reads on opponent here and as mentioned this is a flop that connects his range very well, so shoulnd't we bet to protect here instead of going X/R? I don't like the idea of giving villain a free card here especially not oop, since that could give us some ugly scenarios.

2nd the river shove. if we have a set here why would we shove? When shoving here I consider a very bad move with set and why's that? It's very simple. Why would we want to only target villains top range here? If we shove here, all we do is to force out all villains bluffing range - busted FD and SD + some weak pairs and weak Jx.
      So what will villain most likely call with here? i'd say maybe A :club: Q :club: , QJ, 109s, KK+ and any set. which means I think it's way more profitable to X/C here with any set.

Please discuss this with me and give me your opinion :)
      Bronze
      held og lykke.

det er nl du spiller ikke ?
    • Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      yes i play nl mainly, but i'd like to learn ohama better, and maybe some other variants too in the future. how about you?
    • Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      If you guys thought you lost me, then think again ;)

Haven't been able to play for a long time as a result of moving. But now that my internet is finally working I'm back in business. Gonna play a few hands now and might post some hands later.
    • Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      first session went terrible :( ran bad and played bad. Total loss -2,5 BI.. Time to evaluate so i can do better next session
    • Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      Finally I have managed to fix my Hm2 so now I will be able to post hands and graphs :f_biggrin: This should hopefully result in more frequent updates.
    • Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      yesterdays graph

https://imageshack.com/i/cbil8up
    • Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      First session finished.

https://imageshack.com/i/g9lkmbp

I think i played very well but ran terrible. Felt like I lost almost any flip. Hopefully next session will bring me more luck :s_confused: . With that being said im quite satisfied with the result :s_cool: